Monday, February 6, 2023

The Buy-In (Audio)

Title: The Buy-In (AUDIO review)

Series: Graham Brothers #1

Author: Emma St. Clair

Narrators: Lorana Hoopes & Noah Collins

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Fiction, Humor

Source: Author Provided

My review:

I love the Buy-In by Emma St. Clair. I have read the book twice and now I have listened to it. For a person who does not typically re-read books, this is HUGE. 

Once again, I do not know where to start with my review. It's tempting to say I did all my gushing when I did the paperback review (and I did A LOT of gushing), but I do need to try and focus on the audio portion for this review, LOL. 

One of the things I love about Emma's audio books is that she has both a male and female narrator. While I assume other authors do this as well, her books are the ONLY ones I have ever listened to that had both. I love it because it adds so much more to the book. In this particular book, Lorana Hoopes is the female narrator. She does a fabulous job! I have enjoyed every book I have listened to that she has narrated. Noah Collins is the male narrator. I had not listened to him before, but he did a great job as Pat. I had to get used to the slight twang though 😂.

Listening to the audio book was like reading and enjoying the book again for the first time. I truly enjoyed it. There are so many sweet moments, especially with Jo. The humor is hysterical, and one of my all-time favorite Emma St. Clair moments is in this book (squirrels, if ya know, you know 😂😂😂).

I am not really sure what else I can say, except there is no wrong way to read this book. Download it on your Kindle (it is free in KU), buy the paperback, download it on Audible, or request your library to get it. No matter which format you prefer, just get it and read it. You won't be sorry!

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to listen to this book. I was not required to leave a review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

"You can't Schitt's Creek a town, Tank."

"And you can't verb a noun, son."

When a family of former pro football players buy a small Texas town, they didn't intend to start a war with its residents ... or to fall in love.

Ever since his career-ending injury, Pat has bounced from job to job, idea to idea, short-lived relationship to short-lived relationship. But when his father purchases the town of Sheet Cake, Pat suddenly sees his life with clear purpose: get his brothers on board with his dad's wild idea and win back the one woman who got away.

Lindy was supposed to be traveling the world, not stuck in a small town, caring for her niece. But she would do anything to keep custody of Jo--even if that looks like a marriage of convenience with the man who already broke her heart once.

Now if she can only keep herself from falling back in love with her husband...

This is a small town, marriage of convenience romantic comedy with plenty of sizzle while keeping the bedroom door closed. Perfect for fans of Sarah Adams and Sariah Wilson!

4 comments:

  1. I think this would be great on audio! I need to continue with this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, yes! It was so good! I enjoyed reading The Bluff and it is coming out on audio soon, I can't wait!!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a fun, sweet read. Glad you love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, it is awesome! I love her books, great romcoms!!

      Delete