Monday, March 27, 2023

Loving the Ladies' Man

Title: Loving the Ladies' Man

Series:California Dreamin' #1

Author: Kristin Canary

Narrator: Lorana Hoopes

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, RomCom

Publisher: Dreaming of you Press

Source: Hoopla

My review

Loving the Ladies' Man by Kristin Canary is my first introduction to this author, but it won't be my last. Lorana Hoopes does a fabulous job narrating.

Evie reminds me of myself. She is a people pleaser to the detriment of herself. She lets her co-workers walk all over her and doesn't even realize they are doing it. She wants to help everyone leaving her little time for herself. However, it left a lot of room for character growth. It was fun to see how her character grew and matured.

Connor is a ladies' man that flirts with everyone. When he starts being friendly with Evie, he changes. They are super sweet together as they build their friendship to more. They bring out the best in each other. They are honest with each other, and it is refreshing.

This is more romance than comedy but is a light read with surprising depth. It also has more spice than my usual reads, but it is still a clean read. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys romantic comedies.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Connor is the last guy in the world I should fall for.

He's the resident office flirt. I'm the quirky Pride & Prejudice-loving editor who uses big words and dresses like the world's non-sexiest librarian.

We have nothing in common.

And we're competitors for the same job.

Game on, right? May the best person win and all that? Fine by me. I'm happy to hold him at arms' length forever.

And considering I'm practically the only woman in the office he's never flirted with, he's obviously happy to do the same.

But when we're stuck overnight in our office building thanks to an earthquake-induced landslide (don't worry, we're totally fine), things between us start to change.

I begin to realize that Connor isn't actually the jerk I thought he was--the kind who leads women on, just like my ex.

And when he offers to attend my ex's wedding as my fake boyfriend, things get even more interesting. Especially when he gives me that much-too-chaste kiss...

But I can't fall for him. That would be repeating the same mistake, just with a different guy.

Tell that to my dumb heart, though--the one that seems to think Connor Bryant is my Mr. Darcy.

Fans of Sarah Adams will love this closed-door romantic comedy with lots of sizzle and spice, but no on-page explicit content.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. I love some great character growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when they're honest with each other! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like one I need to read! Wonderful review Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, I have already started the second book :)

      Delete
  5. I like a light romance. Excellent review, Cindy

    ReplyDelete