Tuesday, April 25, 2023

That Time I Kissed the Groomsman Grump

Title: That Time I Kissed the Groomsman Grump

Series: Time of Your Life #2

Author: Julie Christianson

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, Humor, Fiction,

Publisher: Self-published

Source: e-copy provided, paperback bought

My review:

I have discovered a new author that I really enjoy-Julie Christianson! The good news is she has a handful of other books that I can catch up on 😀 The bad news is I need to find the time 😂

When I agreed to read That Time I Kissed the Groomsman Grump, I hadn't realized it was the second book in the series. It can stand alone, but I am thankful I read That Time I Kissed My Brother's Best Friend first. I would have missed so much of Natalie and Beau's story, which is also a big chunk of this book. So, do yourself a favor, and read it first.

I absolutely adored this book. The first book sets up Natalie and Grant's story, but just in case you don't listen and read it first, there are flashbacks 😉. Brady is more of a grump in this story, and Natalie is more likeable. 

Some of my favorite things without being spoilery:

*brother's best friend

*the chemistry between the characters

*popcorn

*Big Mama's poem (I feel like I should say hips 😂)

*witty banter

*Tug O' War

*lighthouse references

Natalie and Brady were perfect for each other. They brought out the best in each other, and it was super sweet. There were so many great moments in this book. I highly recommend you grab it and read it for yourself!

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

BRADY

Yeah, I shouldn’t have kissed Natalie Slater.

Not on the porch. Or at the beach. Or in the storage closet. Especially not the storage closet. But to be fair, she kissed me first. Six months later, I’m still thinking about it.

Trouble is, I’ve made promises that tie me to our small town, while Natalie can’t wait to escape. I’ve got no business pursuing her or my secret ambitions. My future’s set, and good people here are depending on me. Too bad my gut’s not listening to reason, and I'm being pulled toward different dreams: the career I’ve always wanted, and the woman whose smile I can’t forget…

NATALIE

Brady Graham and I used to be friends. For a while there, I was even the teensiest bit attracted to him. But Brady’s sister is marrying my brother, and my brother is Brady’s best friend. How awkward would family dinners be if things went south? We need to let our mutual attraction fizzle out.

Except…nothing seems to be fizzling. With all the time we’re spending together as Maid of Honor and Best Man, our attraction’s just burning hotter. Then the guy decides to show me his secret soft side. Hot and vulnerable? So. Not. Fair.

Because the only heat I need in my life is the sunshine in Los Angeles. I’ve made commitments on the west coast, and I can’t risk being sidetracked by Broody Brady.

I just need to put three thousand miles between me and his so-not-fairness…

That Time I Kissed The Groomsman Grump is a standalone romcom in the Time of Your Life series. Each book has crackling chemistry and sizzling kisses, but the romance remains closed-door.

12 comments:

  1. When you find that extra time ...please send some to me! I could really use it. ;D This book does sound very fun and like one I would really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, LOL! I didn't have to work this week which helped with my extra time :)

      Delete
  2. Cindy, that sounds adorable and so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks like it'd be a fun read, and I think this is an author I hadn't heard of, so yay for a new introduction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! I have a couple of this author's books on my TBR list, so I'll have to check them out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, yes! So many great authors, not enough time!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like such a fun read Cindy! Wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete