Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday-Vivacious Voices

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Favorite Audiobook Narrators. It is no secret that a narrator can make or break a book. Today I will share narrators I have enjoyed listening to. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Ten Vivacious Voices I could listen to all day (and in same cases, have!):

Lorana Hoopes-Emma St. Clair, Ellie Hall, and Kristin Canary

Kevin Eiger-male voice of some of Emma St. Clair's books

Justine Eyre-Jen Turano

Sarah Zimmerman-Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White, Jen Turano

Mikhaila Aaseng-Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese

Andrea Emmes-Jen Turano

Nancy Peterson- Jen Turano

Thérèse Plummer-Karen Witemeyer, Irene Hannon

Nicole Poole-Karen Witemeyer,

Barbara McCulloh-Karen Witemeyer, Becky Wade, Elizabeth Mueller

Most of these narrators have narrated dozens of books in a wide variety of genres. I highly recommend all of them, and surprisingly, I could have kept going!!

Do you have a favorite audiobook narrator?? What did you do this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below. 

26 comments:

  1. I adore Thérèse Plummer and Justine Eyre! Seeing that a book has one of them for a narrator nearly makes it an auto buy (depending on content) and if a fave author has one of them narrating their book, the audio is the edition I'll buy. I also enjoy Susan Boyce who does cozies and some Amish books. And I recently listened to Pinecraft Refuge by Lenora Worth which was narrated by Connie Shabshab and I thought she did an amazing job with all the character voices and the Pennsylvania Deutsch words and accent. Oh and Amy Rubinate is another fave -- she's narrated a variety of genres -- Christian Fiction and cozy mysteries -- especially good with the Irish stories. And speaking of Irish -- Caroline Lennon is a wonderful Irish narrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Kav, THANK YOU! Several of these are new to me and I will be looking for books by them!!

      Delete
  2. Thérèse Plummer is a great narrator. I've loved what I've listened to narrated by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've listened to audiobooks from any of these narrators yet! I love how many great narrators there are out there, though. It means there's plenty to listen to!

    My TTT: https://bookwyrmknits.com/2023/04/25/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-audiobook-narrators/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I agree! I think my TBR will grow by leaps and bounds this week!

      Delete
  4. I really wish I listened tomore audio so I'd know more of the really great narrators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I am sure you could find something in your preferred genre. I listen to books when I drive, whereas I used to listen to music, but I am loving my audiobooks!

      Delete
  5. This is the second time I've seen the Turano books mentioned. I seriously need to read them (something I say every time I visit your blog). Maybe I should try them on audiobook...

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I 100% recommend them on audio, the humor really shines through!

      Delete
  6. Mine would be only Dan Jones, reading his books, and no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never listened to any of these narrators but glad you enjoyed their performances. My favourite audiobook narrator is Saskia Maarleveld, her versatility with different accents is second to none! I did favourite audiobook narrators a while back, so I shared some audiobooks I'm hoping to listen to this year as my topic this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someday I should give audio books more of a chance. I've listened to books by Hillary Manton Lodge, Dani Pettrey and even a version of Charles Dickens (that one YEARS ago), and I've enjoyed them. But for some reason I'm still too stuck on the actual book as the format. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I love to listen to them when I walk, do chores (like laundry/dusting), or when I am traveling alone.

      Delete
  9. I have not heard of any of these, but I guess that's not surprising since I haven't listened to too many audiobooks. I'll be on the lookout for these narrators. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got authors on here whose books I want to read. I'm going to have to give audiobooks another go to see if I love the narrators of favorite authors as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've listened to anything any of these narrators have read! I'll have to keep an ear out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't come across any of the narrators on your list yet. Some of my favorite narrators are Julia Whelan and Karen Cass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I wasn't seeing a lot of crossover with narrators, it's fascinating that there are so many!

      Delete
  13. I'm not a big audiobook listener, but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's love for the narrators. Happy listening!

    ReplyDelete