Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Pocket Pair

Title: The Pocket Pair

Series: Love Stories in Sheet Cake, Texas #3

Author: Emma St. Clair

Publisher: Emma St. Clair

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance

Source: e-copy author provided, bought paperback

My Review

While The Pocket Pair could read as a standalone novel, I HIGHLY recommend reading The Buy-In and The Bluff first. I love this series, and it is one you will want to start at the beginning.

Gah, I don't even know where to start with this review. I have wanted Val's story from the very beginning of the series, and it did not disappoint!! Chevy and Val are perfect for each other, and we are all over here waiting for Chevy to realize it!!

Emma St. Clair writes with a perfect balance of angst, drama, humor,  and relatable characters while creating a town environment you wish was real so you could visit it.

While there are many swoon-worthy moments and lots of humorous scenes, there are also moments that will pull on your heartstrings. I loved everything about this story. This is a small-town, closed-door romance. I am excited that we will get Collin's story in the next book, and the epilogue gives us some nice juicy details, which makes me wish his book was ready, LOL!

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC of the book (which I didn't read because I needed to read it in paperback form 😂). I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

 ★★★★★/5

 Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Do I have feelings for my sister's best friend? Of course not.

That would be stupid, considering my sister once threatened to castrate me if I ever hurt Val.

Hurting her is the last thing I want to do, which is all the MORE reason I can't have feelings for her. Val deserves the world, and I'm NOT the man who can give it to her.

But when Val announces she's leaving town (and the country), I'm suddenly confronted with some very capital-F Feelings--ones that refuse to stay stuffed down deep where I've hidden them for more years than I care to admit.

Having her crash in my guest bedroom until she leaves only makes things worse.

Little by little, Val chips away at my defenses, and despite all the solid reasons I have, my resolve starts to crumble.

The thing is--none of the circumstances have changed.

Val is still planning to leave the country. And I ... well, I might have gotten more in touch with my feelings, but I'm still the same man.

NOT a man who can promise things like life-long commitment. NOT a man Val can count on. NOT the good guy everyone seems to think I am.

If only I could get Val and the rest of this nosy, meddling matchmaking town to believe me--and if my own stubborn heart wasn't trying to convince me otherwise.

The Pocket Pair is a best friend's brother, friends to more rom-com set in the fictional small town of Sheet Cake Texas. You'll find plenty of laughs and sizzling chemistry in this closed door romantic comedy. It's the third in a series, but can be read as a standalone.

6 comments:

  1. So much to like about this one! But I still need to read the other two books first. Sometime soon, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another book I've been seeing make the rounds on Amazon "best-seller" lists and probably Instagram too. Definitely something I'll have to give a closer look to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, you KNOW I love me some Emma St. Clair books! You need to jump on the bandwagon, LOL!

      Delete