Thursday, August 24, 2023

Just Don't Fall

Title: Just Don't Fall

Series: Sweater Weather Series

Author: Emma St. Clair

Publisher: Emma St. Clair

Genre: Clean RomCom, Contemporary Romance

Source: Author Provided

My Review:

Just Don't Fall by Emma St. Clair is the first book in the Sweater Weather series. The beautiful thing about this series is that multiple authors write it. The books are loosely tied together by their cozy fall romcom vibe and take place in the same town, Harvest Hollow. Each book can be read as a standalone, but I personally want to read them all 😀.

Warning! Once you start reading this book, you will not want to put it down. Parker is a firecracker, and I love her! She is the Boss and is respected in a male-dominated sport. We see so many sides to her character, and I enjoyed each one! When Parker starts talking about why she has never been kissed 🤯😬🫣🤢🤣. The creativity and thought process that went into this makes me hope it's not based on real life!! Holy cow, you all, I can't even.

I've waited this long, and I'm not willing to settle for just any old meeting of the mouths with a random dude.

Read for:

  • hockey

  • fake dating

  • brother's best friend

  • childhood crush

  • never been kissed

  • small town

  • witty dialogue

Stay for:

  • The sweetest hockey romance ever! 
  • Grand gestures
  • Crop top and Spandex
  • So much more!

Poor, misunderstood Logan! He was Brandon's (Parker's brother) best friend. They had a falling out ten years ago, and Logan left without a word to Brandon and Parker. Logan has no idea how much this hurt Parker or how she can easily forgive him. Logan is grumpy, serious, standoffish...until he's not. I love his character growth and his care for Parker. If you are into book boyfriends, he will be your new one! 

Logan and Parker together are perfection. When I got to a reference from My Best Friend's Wedding, I was thrilled!!! I didn't need an explanation. I knew what it was from! Where are my people? I don't usually get pop references, so this was extra special for me, LOL. In case you can't tell, I LOVED Just Don't Fall. I also loved the bonus epilogue.

Thank you to Emma St. Clair for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Before Logan Barnes was hockey’s hottest bad boy, he was my brother’s best friend … and my first crush. Oh, yeah--and the guy who ghosted me and broke my teenage heart.

Now Logan is back in Harvest Hollow, but not willingly. Recovering from an injury (and some bad press), he’s stuck playing for our minor league team. Which means I’ll be working with him almost daily. As the hockey team's social media manager, it’s my job to wrangle all the guys into filming TikTok trending videos. But Logan doesn’t want to be wrangled. Turns out … neither does my heart. Because my old crush never died.

And when Logan becomes my accidental fake boyfriend, those old feelings flare hot enough to melt the ice. But this is all totally one-sided. Totally fake. Isn't it? No matter what signals he seems to be giving me or how real things start to feel, I know Logan’s not home for good. I survived Logan leaving me once. But this time, I’m not so sure my heart will recover …

Just Don't Fall is a small town, closed door hockey romcom with all the fake dating, brother's best friend vibes. You'll get smoking chemistry and characters to root for but NO spice. (Yes, you read that right--a low spice hockey romance.) Perfect for fans of sports romance who want a less heat.

6 comments:

  1. Glad the first one in the series was a 5/5 read for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, it was! I love her books, they are hilarious!

      Delete
  2. Everything about this book is something I love in a romance! And I love Emma St. Clair's books. Can't wait to read this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, paperbacks are out now :) It was SO fun!!!

      Delete
  3. Been seeing so much about these on Instagram. Glad to know this one is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete