Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Countdown

Title: Countdown

Series: Extreme Measures #4

Author: Lynette Eason

Publisher: Revell    

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense

Source: Revell

My Review:

Countdown is a fantastic conclusion to the Extreme Measures series by Lynette Eason. It can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading the whole series.

I would be hard-pressed to say which book of the series is my favorite, but this one might be close. I was more than ready to get Raina's full story. You knew it had to be intense because of her hiding and how sparse the details have been up to this point.

I enjoyed Raina's character growth and learning her story. While it is not pretty, she learned from her mistakes and became a strong woman determined to help others. At times, that same determination got on my nerves because she was putting herself in dangerous situations. 

I liked Vince as well. I love stories that have US Marshall's. I find them fascinating. Vince is so patient and caring with Raina, he knows she is hiding things, but he doesn't force her to tell him or try to take over. He lets her be strong but is there if she needs him.

The suspense is riveting and will keep you glued to the pages. I figured some things out, but the pace was so fast it did not spoil my enjoyment of the story. 

Thank you to Revell for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Flight paramedic Raina Price's past has marched back into her present--and it wants to kill her. With a stalker who knows her well determined to end what he started, US Marshal Vince Correlli vows to protect her at all costs--even if ends his career.

8 comments:

  1. Looks good. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My library has this entire series...yay! I'm looking forward to reading them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, that is awesome!!! I hope you love them!

      Delete
  3. I love Lynette Eason! I'm looking forward to getting started on this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding right now. Love it. Regine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regine, awesome! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!!!

      Delete