Saturday, September 2, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #86, Sunday Post #83, Sunday Salon #77

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? Any plans for the long weekend? I am dog sitting, so I am going to a friend's house four times a day to take care of her dog. My daughter is here until tomorrow, she came home to teach her Friday night classes, and was able to stay. I hope to visit a new bookstore this weekend, and other than the dog sitting, relax.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: 


Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: 

Other updates:

I finished 5 books this week. One was an audio book that I had been listening to for a bit. I still need to write the reviews for two of them. As you can see from above, I had a lot of holds come in again from the library.

I have my monthly update on my personal blog here, if you are interested.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The Love Script

Summer Reading Challenges Wrap-Up

Top Ten Tuesday-Water Abounds on my physical shelves

Book Review: The Red Ribbon

Book Review: Hero Debut + Giveaway

First Line Friday #102-To Love A Prince

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

19 comments:

  1. You have a big stack to browse through there! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arrival of all those books from the library is perfect timing for the weekend. Enjoy!

    And good luck with the dog-sitting. One of our most difficult tasks in preparing for our trip was finding someone willing to feed our bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thanks! Yes, and with you being gone longer than a few days, I imagine it was hard to find someone to feed the bird! It's a good thing to do for friends, though, if you are able :)

      Delete
  3. I love the big stack of books. Dog sitting will be fun, I hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 times a day!!!! Can you not just stay at her house or have the dog stay with you? LOL I suppose there are good reasons why not.

    I hope you get to visit the new bookstore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, I want to be with my family so I am not staying at her house...and her dog is huge and a major shedder, and we paid a lot of $$$$ to have new carpet installed when we moved into this house in November to get rid of the cat/dog hair in the house...so no, he couldn't stay in our house either, LOL!

      Delete
  5. I hope your library haul is useful.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness - back and forth 4 times a day is a major undertaking! It looks like you've got some useful advice books for the current cost of living crisis we're all enduring at present. And I hope the coming week is a good one, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the dog's house isn't too far away if you have to go there 4 times a day! Enjoy the new bookstore... that's always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the new bookstore is amazing, and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good friend you are to doggie sit! I hope you enjoy the time with your daughter and have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a good reading week. All of your upcoming books look interesting. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time with your daughter, dog sitting, relaxing, and a trip to a new bookstore . . . That sounds wonderful! I am glad you had such a great reading week. I will be popping over to your Sunday post for this weekend to see how this past week went for you shortly. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete