Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The Wedding Kiss

Title: The Wedding Kiss

Author: Hannah Alexander

Publisher: Hannah Alexander Books    

Genre: Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Romance

Source: Kindle own

My Review:

I love the cover of The Wedding Kiss by Hannah Alexander. It has been languishing on my Kindle for years, so I decided to finally read it. 

The opening scenes immediately drew me in, and I was fascinated with Keara's situation and character. I liked Elam as well. However, I felt the pacing of the book was slow, and I found it hard to want to finish. I kept going because I did want to see how the mystery was resolved. I felt like some details could have been eliminated to make a more cohesive story.

Overall, it was an okay read, and I am glad to have read another book I have owned forever 😄. Having read and loved other books by this author, I know this is not their best work.

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Marriage seems to be the only option for Keara McBride and Elam Jensen. Her father's bad decisions have left her homeless, and Elam's children need a mother. But when the Jensens seal their vows at the altar with a kiss, their marriage of convenience suddenly becomes far less convenient. Their first kiss ignites sparks of attraction, leaving them to feel as if they've betrayed the memory of his late wife--Keara's best friend. When a mysteriously injured visitor shows up on Keara and Elam's front porch on their wedding night, her presence threatens to draw them into danger. Does she, perhaps, also hold a key to their future happiness? Read a book of romance, adventure, and suspense in historic Eureka Springs, Arkansas, at the turn of the century.

6 comments:

  1. It's always satisfying to finally read a book that has been on your Kindle for a while! It's unfortunate that "The Wedding Kiss" didn't quite meet your expectations, especially considering your positive experiences with other works by the author. Sometimes, pacing can make or break a reading experience. Here's to hoping your next read turns out to be a more enjoyable one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ethan! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment.

      Delete
  2. At least you don't have to keep it on your Kindle any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I've read this one, but the title is quite familiar. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but I do LOVE that cover. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, it does have several different covers, this one is my favorite.

      Delete