Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Dedicated to the One I Love

Title: Dedicated to the One I Love

Author: Beth K. Vogt

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Christian Fiction, Contemporary Romance

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

I fell in love with the cover of Dedicated To The One I Love by Beth K. Vogt. Without reading the synopsis, I knew I had to read this one.

I absolutely loved this book! I devoured it in a day, which would have been less, except, you know, real life got in the way 😂. Kylie and Joe met online through a word game and have been chatting ever since. They kept their interactions light and vague. With some prompting from his two best friends, Joe invites Kylie to his Memorial Day cookout to meet in real life.

You all, it was the BEST meet cute. Oh, I laughed. I am so thankful the author had the "secret of who they are" come out early in the story and not have that drama for the entire story. It was well done. 

While this is a light read and so humorous, there is also a lot of depth and heart to it. Kylie and Joe both had issues they needed to work through before they could come to a place of working well together.

Besides all that, Kylie and Joe had wonderful friends who supported them, got in their faces as needed, and kept things interesting. This was such a charming, sweet, engaging read with an original storyline. I would love to own this one for my keeper shelf and not just for the beautiful cover 😍.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

She doesn’t believe in love anymore. He doesn’t either.

They’re perfect for each other.

Beloved romance novelist Kylie Franklin walked away from her pen-name career as bestselling and award-winning Veronica Hollins the day her husband died. Her loyal readers are eager for the final book in her sensational series. But Kylie’s given up on love, both fictional and in real life. Behind her back, Kylie’s agent contrives a way to get her writing again.

Joe Edwards has made a name for himself with his popular military suspense novels under the pen name Tate Merrick. Yet he can’t quite break onto the bestseller list. What his books need, his publisher suggests, is some romance. Joe flat refuses. However, his publisher is determined and hires Veronica Hollins to save the day—and his career.

Veronica and Tate quickly realize they’re Kylie and Joe, good friends who connected online via a popular word game and their mutual love of trivia. Surely they can wrangle their alter egos into this literary collaboration. But as the deadline looms, their differences threaten the romance developing off the page.

8 comments:

  1. I love the typewriter!! I used to play on my grams old black typewriter!!

    https://ustmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/10/can-t-wait-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I learned to type on a type writer, LOL!

      Delete
  2. That is a very fun cover. I'm glad the story is equally cute. I'm going to ask my library to buy this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I loved it and it was just what I needed! I do hope they get it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting your review of this book. Sounds an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete