Saturday, October 21, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #92, Sunday Post #89, Sunday Salon #83

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? Any plans for the weekend? My son has been cleared to go back to work half-days next week, and we are thrilled! He is still recovering from his surgery, but hopefully he won't have any pain or anything. I am sick with some kind of coughing crud, so I will be chilling this weekend.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: We are still on a break!

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: For Review

 

Bought: None

Other updates:

I dnfed the audio book I was struggling with and made very little progress with the other one (mainly because all my walks have been with my son this week and that is usually the time I am able to listen most). My reading looks more impressive than it is as I finished several nonfiction books I had been reading, and had quite a stack of ARCs that were due by yesterday, so I had to do some speed/skim reading 😬 So,yeah, 8 books this week, I don't think that has ever happened and is not likely too again 😂

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: An Amish Cinderella

Book Review: Finding Your Path 

Book Review: On Moonberry Lake

Top Ten Tuesday-Whatever the Weather Reads

Book Review: I'll Start Again Monday

Book Review: Seamless: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story

Book Review: Tending Roses

Book Review: Running to You

Book Review: Lost and Found

First Line Friday #108-The Legacy of Longdale Manor

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. Walking with a human seems to me a lot better than walking with a recording! Have a good time with your son.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I do enjoy both :) But, walking with my son is a rare and precious gift and I am going to miss it when he goes back to work this week ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry your one audiobook ended in a DNF situationship! Here's hoping you get the chance to really dive in to a new read again soon! Happy book-ing to you this weekend/coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight books in one week...wow. Do you remember anything about any of them now? ;D Very glad to hear your son is doing so well. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, why, yes, yes I do, LOL! Three of them I had been reading before this week, so it was more finishing them than reading this week.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better soon and that your son can manage returning to work! That’s amazing that you managed 8 reviews this week! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! It's amazing what we can accomplish when we are under a deadline, isn't it?!

      Delete
  5. I've decided to try to finish the seven audiobooks I have. I did not finish one I borrowed from the library as the narrator did not fit the character in the book and was rather boring. Have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, have you already started all seven?! I only had two going because one was for review and I wasn't enjoying the other one. I could not keep up with more than that, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Some weeks I see I have finished a long list of books, but I've actually done very little reading---just simply finishing a few chapters in each book. It can be deceiving.

    I'm glad your son is doing better. So sorry you are suffering, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice that your son wants to go on a walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena, he really needed to to build back up his stamina!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on all your finishes this week.

    Honestly, I can only read one book at a time. I will slip an audio in there sometimes, but even then, I often find that I am confusing the two.

    Enjoy your walks with your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I can do an audio book and a paperback book, as long as they are not close in story line or genre. Otherwise I will confuse them. I can also add a nonfiction because it's not the same either. Usually, that is all I would be reading.

      Delete
  9. Email me at reginekarpel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you again, hopefully this time you get it ;)

      Delete
  10. That's impressive no matter how it happened! I've never finished 8 books in a week and am quite certain I never will, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, that's okay! Some of us have more time to read than others, plus, I can be a fast reader.

      Delete
  11. Glad your son is doing well enough to go back to work. I hope you feel better soon! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you and your son are feeling better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your son is doing better!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went by your post yesterday but I couldn't post.

      Delete
  14. Wonderful news about your son's recovery. How wonderful, though, that while he's been convalescing - you've been able to go on walks together:)). I hope the coming week is better and you can shift that cough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why can't ALL books be good? LOL

    That's great news that your son can go back to work!

    I hope your cough goes away soon. They say hot tea with honey and lemon is a great cure for that, but I prefer Robitussin DM. Hahahahahahaha!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete