Wednesday, December 20, 2023

An Endless Christmas

Title: An Endless Christmas

Author: Cynthia Ruchti

Publisher: Worthy Inspired

Genre: Christmas, Christian Fiction, Contemporary Romance,

Source: Own

My Review:

An Endless Christmas is a standalone novella by Cynthia Ruchti.

It took me a while to get into the story, and I never loved it. The story feels like it starts in the middle, then backtracks, and then moves forward. I am tired of reading stories where the main character thinks they are not good enough for someone. This is one of Katie's main issues, which she refuses to talk to Micah about.  So, right there are two of my pet peeves, not good enough, and lack of communication.

An Endless Christmas is not a light read. It will take you on an emotional roller coaster. It was heavier than I expected or would like for a Christmas read. Overall, it is written well, and you get a happily ever after.

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

An award-winning novelist’s heartwarming story about family and love lost, found, and finally truly revealed at Christmas.

Christmas takes a very different turn when the guests of honor break up instead of announcing their engagement. Trapped with his family, they learn that love looks different than either imagined. Both in their eighties, Dodie and Wilson Binder celebrateevery Christmas as if it were their last. This year, their grandson Micah is planning to ask his girlfriend, Katie, to marry him so they can celebrate with the whole family. But things go very wrong when she says "no." Now they are stuck. Too many people, too much snow, and too little room should be a recipe for disaster. But sometimes too much is just enough. Especially when it's Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, sounds rather disappointing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I've had rather the opposite reading experience lately, with books that are not as deep/weighty as I would like! It has been nice to have some palate cleansers though. Sounds like you could use one about now - at least there was a happily ever after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, I was disappointed. I have loved other books by her and I know she writes with depth, but this was just a hard read for me.

      Delete
  2. I often find Cynthia Ruchti's books to be on the heavy side. And that is definitely not what I want when reading a Christmas book. I haven't read this one, but will probably not seek it out. Hope you have a lighter read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. I wish I could say the thing that bugged me the most, but it would be a spoiler, LOL!

      Delete