Monday, January 8, 2024

The Sheriff's Promise

Title: The Sheriff's Promise

Series: Thunder Ridge #2

Author: Renee Ryan

Publisher: Love Inspired

Genre: Christian Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Love Inspired

Source: Library

My Review:

The Sheriff's Promise is book number two in the Thunder Ridge series. I have enjoyed my visits to Thunder Ridge. I am sad to see this series end (I started with book three, then one, and finally two). I recommend reading them in order 😂.

The opening scene grabbed my attention, and I had a hard time putting the book down to get anything done. It is a quick read with lots of heart, some grief, and the expected happily ever after.

Read for:

🦙mischievous spitting alpaca

🐕puppies

👦brilliant heart-broken boy

👨grumpy sheriff/single guardian to nephew

👩 veterinarian who helps the grumpy sheriff

🐾petting zoo

Small-town vibes, an elderly lady who doesn't know the proper definition of an emergency, and so much more!

I highly recommend the entire series. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Caring for a little boy is more than he bargained for…

He’s looking for help. And she has the perfect arrangement…

Overworked and overwhelmed, all Sheriff Wyatt Holcomb wants is to be the best guardian to his seven-year-old nephew—and dealing with a runaway alpaca and the animal’s frustrating owner isn’t helping. Then veterinarian Remy Evans offers a solution for them both. She’ll watch his rambunctious nephew, Samson, this summer if he’ll fast-track her permit application for a petting zoo. But this temporary solution might just be their chance at forever…

No comments:

Post a Comment