Monday, February 26, 2024

Belonging with Her Best Friend

Title: Belonging With Her Best Friend

Series: California Dreamin' #4

Author: Kristin Canary

Publisher: Dreaming of You Press

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, Fiction,

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

Belonging with Her Best Friend is the fourth book in Kristin Canary's California Dreamin' series. They are best read in order as each book builds upon the last one. The series follows a group of friends. 

The first three books in the series have set the stage for Shelby and Eric's story. No one will be surprised if they end up getting together. But, like any good story, there are obstacles in the way. While this lends itself to a slightly heavier read, especially for a romcom, it is done well.

Read for: 

🎤best friends to more

🎤secret singer

🎤musical

🎤witty banter

🎤stargazing

🎤kisses in the rain

🎤chemistry

🎤 Happily ever after

 I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

I love three things in this world more than life itself:

1. My family and housemates (both current and former)
2. Musicals
3. My best friend, Eric Moody

The first two are no surprise to anyone who knows me.

The third is a secret I’ll carry to my grave.

Because even though Eric fits in well with my crazy family and he’s the outgoing complement to my quiet self, we want different things.

I want him. He wants something I can never give. And I refuse to sacrifice his happiness for my own.

Most of the time, I manage to keep my feelings for him under lock and key—but things change when Eric moves in with me temporarily.

Now, he’s here all the time. And it’s harder and harder not to imagine what life together could be like … if only.

The final straw? When he starts helping me prepare for my (forced) lead role in a local musical.

Because yeah. You try holding back the tidal wave of feelings you’ve been keeping at bay when your sexy best friend offers to “practice kiss” you.

My fortitude is headed straight for the edge of a cliff—and the thrill of the impending fall has never felt so electrifying.

Or so terrifying.

Fans of Sarah Adams and Emma St. Clair will love this closed-door, friends-to-lovers romantic comedy with lots of sizzle and spice, but no on-page explicit content.

6 comments:

  1. I love both Sarah Adams and Emma St. Clair, so if this book and series are like their books, count me in. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, you would love her books :) I listened to the first 3 of her series on Audio, and loved them in that format.

      Delete
  2. Great review, Cindy! I have the first two books in this series. They sound so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best friends to lovers, music, witty banter, all things I cannot resist! I kind of want to dive straight in, but I'll take your advice and try to read them in order.

    ReplyDelete