Sunday, March 17, 2024

Kicking

Title: Kicking

Series: New Beginnings #2

Author: Robin Merrill

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Christian Fiction, Contemporary, Women's Fiction, Inspirational

Source: Library

My Review:

Kicking is the second book in the New Beginnings series by Robin Merrill. It is necessary to read the books in the order they are written. 

I had a hard time getting into Kicking, just like I did in the first book, Knocking. The story is told from multiple points of view, and once again you are introduced to many new characters in the first few chapters. I had a hard time keeping a few of them straight.

While I finished the book, I did not enjoy it as much as the first. I was not as invested in the storyline, and struggled to finish it. There are some inconsistencies from the first book to this one. 

Overall, just an okay story, and not enough there for me to read the next four books in the series.

★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Esther is her granddaughter's last chance.

Esther hasn't seen Zoe in years and hardly knows her. But she's not going to turn her away. Zoe is family, and she's a child.

A wild child. How will Esther keep her from self-destructing?

Rachel.

Zoe wants nothing to do with the crazy-hat lady from her grandmother's creepy old church. But as Rachel starts to share herself with young Zoe, Esther sees a change. Will it be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment