Saturday, March 16, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #113, Sunday Post #110, Sunday Salon #104

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? It was a really long week, with lots of extras (dentist, haircut, meetings). I did have my cyst surgery yesterday, it was more complicated than they thought it would be, but it's done. I will have a small scar on my face when it heals.  I worked this morning, and part of the afternoon.  I am wiped out.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None

ARC: 

Book Mail: None

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I spent hours over last week deleting books from my Kindle own to read shelf! I deleted a lot of cozy mysteries, mail order brides, and other stories that I had no idea what they were. My Kindle shelves were more out of control than my physical sheIves. I had only planned to work on them for about 15 minutes, but once I started I didn't want to stop! I deleted over 200 books. 

I finished 3 books this week. I am caught up on reviews since I didn't have time for a lot of reading this week.

Book Review: The Heart's Shelter by Amy Clipston

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Books

Book Review: The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright

Book Review: My Lucky Charm by Courtney Walsh

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

24 comments:

  1. Strange that your kindle is full of books that you don’t recognize. Almost all the books on my kindle are ones that I have purchased, so I only delete them from the device when it is getting too full — but I can download them again if I want to see them. Good luck getting everything in order!

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, in 2020 I downloaded a TON of free books, LOL! I have since forgotten all about them.

      Delete
  2. My TBR always feels overwhelming, no matter how I keep it. I recently switched to a new method, just so I could have a clean slate.

    I hope you recover well from your surgery and get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. You have had a busy week. I'd be wiped out too. I hope the scar isn't too noticeable when it heals. Sorry the surgery was more complicated than it was expected to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to only see books I am very interested in reading, so I keep most of my physical books in a cupboard with doors and the physical books I am most interested in reading on a visible shelf. I do the same with my Kindle books. Otherwise it gets too overwhelming to me.

    I'm glad your surgery is completed. My dad bought something the pharmacist recommended after he had a little growth removed from his face, and there is little to no scarring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, my doctor recommended Vaseline and Aquaphor.

      Delete
  5. My Kindle is the same way, Cindy. I have got to clean it out. I have books in there that I have no idea what the heck they are, lol! Happy St. Patrick's Day 🍀🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody, I realize that while the world was shut down in 2020 I was downloading ALL the free books, LOL! Now that I am more "aware" I am sure I am not going to read all of them.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting your Kindle cleared off. I'm glad your surgery went well. I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj, the Kindle is a work in progress but it is better than it was!

      Delete
  7. When my cousin Lindy Loo died, I was given her Kindle. Having never had a Kindle before, I was sucked in by all the $1.99 books I could buy so I was buying them left and right. As soon as I discovered I could also download these same books FOR FREE from the dang library, I put a stop to my $1.99 book buying. And do I ever read the ones I bought for $1.99 to $4.99 (I refused to spend more than $4.99) ? No!!! I keep downloading and reading from the library.Sigh.

    Glad your surgery is now behind you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, my Kindle is full of freebies that I downloaded in 2020. I have not bought a lot of Kindle books over the years. I just wasn't very discerning on the freebies because they were free!

      Delete
  8. I really need a tutorial on organizing my kindle books, but first I need to get rid of titles I am no longer interested in reading. Hope you're getting a chance to rest up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got your surgery done and over with, and I hope you recover quickly. Great job on deleting unwanted books from your Kindle! I've got to do that too, it's really starting to get messy and disorganized. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of extra books on your kindle! I hope it is more manageable for you now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a big week! Hopefully you get a chance to rest and read recuperate this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, nope, but next weekend (Easter weekend-I plan to rest!).

      Delete
  12. I hope you are doing well after your surgery. I really need to clean out my Kindle too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete