Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Vanishing at Castle Moreau

Title: The Vanishing at Castle Moreau

Author: Jaime Jo Wright

Publisher: Bethany House

Genre: Suspense, Christian Fiction, Historical, Dual-timeline

Source: Library

My Review:

I have caught up with all of Jaime Jo Wright's books!! (for about 5 minutes anyway, until her next one releases 😂). The Vanishing at Castle Moreau is a bit more creepy than her other novels.

I am struggling with what to say for this particular review, so I am going to lay out my random thoughts the best that I can.

This book was really good. 

I figured some things out.

My son read the book before I did, so I would tell him my suspicions. He was mad when I figured out a few things that he did not 😂. 

The ending was incredible. 

This book brought out all kinds of feels. 

Spooky castle vibes.

I highly recommend this to anyone who loves atmospheric gothic vibes. I just can't say anything else without risk of spoilers. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

In 1865, orphaned Daisy Francois takes a position as housemaid at a midwestern Wisconsin castle and finds that the reclusive and eccentric Gothic authoress inside hides more than the harrowing tales in her novels. With women disappearing from the area and a legend that seems to parallel these eerie circumstances, Daisy is thrust into a web that may threaten to steal her sanity, if not her life.

In the present day, Cleo Clemmons is hired by the grandson of American aristocratic family the Tremblays to help his matriarchal grandmother face her hoarding in the dilapidated Castle Moreau. But when Cleo uncovers more than just the woman's stashes of collectibles, a century-old mystery of disappearance, insanity, and the dust of the old castle's curse threatens to rise again, and this time, leave no one alive to tell its sordid tale.

Fan-favorite Jaime Jo Wright draws readers into a seamlessly woven dual-time tale of suspense, mystery, romance, and redemption.

2 comments: