Friday, March 22, 2024

The Hairdresser and the Hero

Title: The Hairdresser and the Hero

Author: Jessica Marie Holt

Publisher: Self-published

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Source: Kindle Own

My Review:

When cleaning off my Kindle I came across The Hairdresser and the Hero by Jessica Marie Holt. The cute cover immediately grabbed my attention and I decided it was a great day to see what this book was about.

I was instantly invested in the story. Just as Haley (our main FMC) is drawn to the idea of single dads having custody of their children, so am I. I was impressed with Noah's (MMC) parenting skills and the single dad's club. I could relate to Haley on so many levels, which added to my empathy and understanding of her character.

The Hairdresser and the Hero is a novella, but it has all the components of a full-length novel. Mainly, it read as a complete story. I did not feel like we came in in the middle of the story, nor did the story have an abrupt ending. 

The only downside is that there were quite a few punctuation errors. While I normally wouldn't comment on that, it was quite a bit and was distracting at times. I would love to see those minor errors fixed and I would love for this story to be enjoyed by more people. It is a hidden gem.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):

When a former soldier needs a little help with his spunky daughter, a hairdresser comes to the rescue, and sparks fly. Can he make space in his heart for her? Can she open her heart to him?

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute cover. And punctuation errors are very distracting! But no one seems to proofread carefully these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I think this was published a few years ago, but it was bad. However, the story was super cute :)

      Delete