Wednesday, April 17, 2024

The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Title: The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Author: Joanna Davidson Politano

Publisher: Revell

Genre: Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction,

Source: Revell

My Review:

The Elusive Truth by Joanna Davidson Politano is wildly creative and draws you in from the opening scene. I have wanted to read this book since I first saw the beautiful cover. 

It's a pity and a blessing that we cannot see the future until it is in the present.

Read for:

๐ŸŒนtruth vs fairy tale

๐ŸŒนprivate investigator

๐ŸŒนelusive film star

๐ŸŒนillusions

๐ŸŒนmasterful story telling

๐ŸŒนnods to fairy tales

๐ŸŒนblue sapphire 

๐ŸŒนunexpected plot twist

๐ŸŒน profound nuggets of wisdom

๐ŸŒน a flower by any other name

I enjoyed the unfolding of Lily and Peter's story. Several things happened that I did not see coming. I was a bit disappointed that we don't see justice served, but I guess that is the reality at times too. 

Thank you to Revell for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Peter Driscoll, an underground investigator to the wealthy, has never met anyone like Lily Temple. The beautiful silent-film actress spins fairy tales and plays frivolous roles in front of the cine-camera, but beneath the costumes and stage makeup is a woman with a quick wit--and a murky past.

Peter has been tasked with locating the legendary Briarwood Teardrop, an exquisite sapphire, which Lily wears beneath her gown. In order to stay close to her and hopefully unravel the mystery of her story--and the sapphire--Peter employs Lily's help on a case, which leads to a useful partnership. But as they are investigating together, Peter is also investigating Lily. The closer he gets to the truth, the more danger they face. And the closer he gets to Lily, the clearer it is that he needs her even more than she needs him.

Award-winning author Joanna Davidson Politano whisks you away to Edwardian England in 1903 for a whimsical and layered tale that treads the crooked line between real and make-believe.

6 comments:

  1. I love that she's a silent film actress. And that is a very beautiful cover! Another one for my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about this book. I think it's one I would enjoy. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read another of Joanna's books at some point. They do sound really interesting and the titles are always so interesting. This one sounds like it'd be a good story, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, It was really good. My review does not do the book justice!

      Delete