Sunday, April 7, 2024

To Spark a Match

Title: To Spark a Match (audiobook review)

Series: The Matchmakers #2

Author: Jen Turano

Narrator: Nancy Peterson

Publisher: Bethany House and Tantor Audio

Genre: Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction, Romance,

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

To Spark a Match is the second book of The Matchmaker's series by Jen Turano. It can easily be read as a stand-alone story.

Having met Adelaide Duveen in the first book, I looked forward to learning more about her. She is even more eccentric (in the best ways) than portrayed in the first book while staying true to her character. 

I am glad her story entwined with Gideon's as I was curious to know more about him than we learned in A Match for the Making

Read for:

๐Ÿˆ she's prone to trouble

๐Ÿˆhe's a rescuer

๐Ÿˆ bookstore drama

๐Ÿˆspies

๐Ÿˆhumor

๐Ÿˆall the cats

๐Ÿˆmany adventures

๐Ÿˆ great cast of characters

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

After five unsuccessful Seasons on the marriage mart, Miss Adelaide Duveen has resigned herself to the notion that she's destined to remain a spinster forever--a rather dismal prospect, but one that will allow her to concentrate on her darling cats and books. However, when she inadvertently stumbles upon Mr. Gideon Abbott engaged in a clandestine activity during a dinner party, Adelaide finds herself thrust into a world of intrigue that resembles the plots in the spy novels she devours.

Former intelligence agent Gideon Abbott feels responsible for Adelaide after society threatens to banish her because of the distraction she caused to save his case. Hoping to return the favor, he turns to a good friend--and one of high society's leaders--to take Adelaide in hand and turn her fashionable.

When danger surrounds them and Adelaide finds herself a target of the criminals in Gideon's case, the spark of love between them threatens to be quenched for good--along with their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read Adelaide's story! And curious about all the cats. ;D Another one for my TBR list...but I'll be putting it near the top so it doesn't get lost or forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, LOL, I understand that! I created a "monthly" TBR shelf on my Goodreads page to help me keep up with those I want to read sooner rather than later.

      Delete