Saturday, April 6, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #115, Sunday Post #112, Sunday Salon #106

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I hope you all had a great Easter weekend. I decided to take a mini-blog break and spend time with my family, and just relax, I wasn't feeling the greatest. This week has been long, I put in my notice at my nanny job, and have worked long days with my business, I am wiped out. I am going to share books I have gotten over the last 2 weeks.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library:

 

Kindle Freebies: None

ebook ARC:

Book Mail:  For Review (Politano) & won (Wright)

 

Bought: 


Last weekend we were supposed to go hiking but it was raining. So, I gathered up my family and my daughter's boyfriend who was over to go hiking with us, and I headed to the local used bookstore. Once we got there, we all drew names, and then had to buy a book for the person whose name we got. My daughter's boyfriend got me, and this is the book he picked for me (
Return from Tomorrow by George G. Ritchie). I highly recommend this fun outing when your plans go wacky because of the weather. We had fun! It's also where I got the Karen Witemeyer book pictured above.

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week. 

 I ordered books from C. C. Warrens website for my son's and had her autograph them. This is how they came. They were individually wrapped, she wrote in the box, and they were all autographed. He was super excited! I highly recommend ordering straight from the author when you can.


What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Love on Camera by Dana LeCheminant

March 2024 Reading Wrap-Up

Top Ten Tuesday: Rain Showers

Book Review: A Match in the Making by Jen Turano

Book Review: Love in Writing by Dana LeCheminant

Book Review: Love on Display by Dana LeCheminant

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

26 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun way to enjoy a used bookstore when you are with a group.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bookstore game sounds FUN and I love, love, love the autographed box gift set for your son!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, a fabulous gift for a book lover :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy the book you got from the bookstore. I would be a bit concerned about what other people would choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, I get it, I am the same, but we needed a distraction and it was fun. It was not something I would have chosen for myself, but I will read it.

      Delete
  4. The bookstore outing sounds like a lot of fun. Have a wonderful week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol that bookstore game sounds so fun! I hope you get some rest and feel refreshed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the idea of that bookstore game!! Sadly only Himself would be keen to play, as I didn't ever produce ardent readers. I hope you get a bit of rest and relaxation this coming week:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun twist on book buying!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gifting idea when the plans went sideways. I want to read Wright's new book, but I need to catch up on reviews first. Hope you enjoy all your books this week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear you've been wiped out. I hope you get the rest you need. The last couple of weeks have been tiring for me too, but I'm looking forward to taking it easier this week. I hope the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you were able to get some rest this weekend, Cindy! We had a nice Easter too. My mom invited us over for dinner Easter afternoon which was nice.

    The two books on sleep look useful! I could probably benefit from reading them. Your recent book mail and purchase all look so appealing! I hope you enjoy all your books! Your wacky weather bookstore trip idea is such a great one! I'll have to keep that in mind for a future date.

    I hope you have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I am working my way through one of the sleep books but it is slow going.

      Delete
  11. Some great additions - enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get to Bethany's book. I am so behind lately! HOpefully I can get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to spend a rainy day! I must keep this in mind the next time I go with a friend to visit a used bookstore on a rainy day.

    Thanks for sharing your books. I hope you are able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete