Friday, August 30, 2024

Maid of Dishonor

Title: Maid of Dishonor

Series: Love Mishaps #1

Author: Gracie Ruth Mitchell

Narrators: Eva Wilhelm and Austin Rising

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Audio book, Contemporary Romance, RomCom, Sports Romance

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

I was drawn to Maid of Dishonor by the cover. I have had this one on my TBR for several years, and after reading a book by recently by Gracie Ruth Mitchell, I decided it was time to give this one a try.

Read for:

⚾secret crush (both)

⚾baseball

⚾best friends to more

⚾witty dialogue

I thought this was okay.  The secret pining dragged on forever, the story was slow, and there were several descriptions of throwing up that couldn't be skipped because I was listening to the story and driving. It was too much. I did finish the book but I will not be continuing the series.

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Samantha Quinn
Baseball lover. Plant mama. Eternal friend zone dweller.

I know exactly three things:
1) My heart will forever belong to my best friend, Carter.
2) Carter's heart will never belong to me.
3) I will therefore die alone, surrounded by my houseplants, probably old and grouchy like my eighty-two-year-old landlady, Winifred.
But now Carter's cousin wants my help planning her wedding, while Carter wants my help stopping it. How am I supposed to both plan and sabotage a wedding at the same time? How do I talk to Carter about weddings all day without my heart fracturing? And how, how, how do I ditch this stupid friend zone once and for all?

Carter Ellis
P.E. teacher. Baseball coach. Also, attractive. Very, very attractive.

I am not secretly in love with my best friend. I absolutely am not. That would be stupid and reckless and a terrible idea all around. I swore I would never fall in love, and that's not going to change now.
Except...one tiny little kiss has all sorts of feelings rising in my chest. Feelings I was certain I buried a long time ago. But it doesn't matter; I refuse to give in. I will laugh with her, talk with her, and dry her tears, but I will not fall in love with Samantha Quinn.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, throwing up is never good...in books or in real life ;D Sorry this one wasn't better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that this wasn't a better book. I don't do well with descriptions of any bodily functions so no thanks on all the vomiting.

    ReplyDelete