Sunday, August 11, 2024

Summer Ever After

Title: Summer Ever After   Audio review

Series: Falling for Summer #1

Author: Kortney Keisel

Narrators: Amanda Friday and Andy Harrington

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romcom, Fiction,

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Summer Ever After is the first book in the Falling for Summer series. Technically, each book can stand alone, or be read in any order. However, the stories are interconnected and make the most sense to be read in order. For example, in this book, Jane goes on a date with someone, and it is glossed over, in another book, from the guy's perspective we get a few more details. Also, all the books happen at the same time, they take place over the same summer.

Read for:

🏖 best friend's brother

🏖 ALL the tropes

🏖 they are off limits to each other

🏖 Jane's wisdom teeth removal 😂

🏖 witty banter

🏖 all the summer vibes

🏖 small island vibes

🏖 strong chemistry

With all that said, Jane was very immature, especially at the beginning. She is high drama and got on my last nerve. She was trying way too hard and it showed. However, the ending makes up for my annoyance with her.

★★★⋆/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Falling in love is easy. Finding the right guy to spend happily ever after with... that's the hard part. 

But I have a foolproof plan. I'm taking the tropes that work in romance books and applying them to my love life.

Only one bed? Never fails.

Caring for someone when they're sick? A classic.

"Who did this to you?" Seals the deal every single time.

So long, loneliness. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

But the more I try to force romance, the more feelings naturally progress with the one man who's off limits: Walker Collins, the guy I've had a secret crush on since 7th grade, not to mention my best friend's older brother. 

Dating Walker crosses BFF lines I swore I'd never cross. Plus, he hates Sunset Harbor, and his pro golf career will take him off the island as fast as he came, sending me back to the land of singlehood, loneliness, and broken hearts. 

At the end of the day, I don't want to be the fool in my foolproof plan.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the ending makes up for some other shortcomings in this one. I think it's fun that all these authors are using the same setting for this romance series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I do too. The humor in all of the ones I have read so far have been fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Sounds cute, but like maybe some of the later books are better reads. :) Always reminding me to give some of these a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, some are better than others, but as a series, it is good.

      Delete