Saturday, August 10, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #132, Sunday Post #129, Sunday Salon #123

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Today I hope to go Quilt Shop Hopping. There is something called All Ohio Shop Hop (other states have it as well) and you visit participating quilting stores to get a special 4" quilt block. So far this past week I have visited 7/84. I hope to get all 84 but I am not sure if time allows it, especially since some are 3 1/2 hours from my house. Anyway, the rest of the weekend will be relaxing.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook:


Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I feel like it was a pretty good reading week. I finished 4 books this week. I also unloaded 3 from my physical bookshelves, one I finished and didn't love, and the other two I have no interest in reading.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Not Since You by Dulcie Dameron

Book Review: Aftermath by Terri Blackstock

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Book From Ten Different Series

Book Review: Guess Who Is In God's Family + Giveaway by Karen Ferguson

Book Review: Beachy Keen by Kasey Stockton

Book Review: Beyond Ivy Walls review + giveaway by Rachel Fordham

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the long list of places that did not send you any books. You still seem to have found a few to read this week.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I never lack for anything to read! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. The Quilt Shop Hop sounds like fun. I looked up Texas and discovered we have something similar here in March through April.

    I think you had a good reading week. I've been steadily getting rid of books that I have no interest in reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am having a blast with the Quilt Shop Hop! I am trying to read at least a few chapters, but yeah, some books just need to go. Our tastes change as we get older.

      Delete
  3. The Quilt Shop Hop sounds cute.

    It sounds like you had a very successful reading week!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/10/stacking-the-shelves-72/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do all those 4" quilt blocks end up making one quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, you could. Some of the shops are giving out other pattern ideas too, which is fun :)

      Delete
  5. It is hard to believe that the Olympics are nearly over and that the days are getting shorter. Lucky we all like spending time inside reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you can create a quilt. I am so glad there are people out there keeping up traditions like that! Hope you enjoy your new book find as well this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The All Ohio Shop Hop sounds neat!! What a cool idea. And Ohio really is quite large!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I believe they do it in Michigan as well! There are multiple states that do it, and they do it at different times in the year.

      Delete
  8. I have been getting too many ebooks from NetGalley and can't resist getting some of them though I don't have time to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I used to do that but it would stress me out because I would have too many that were due around the same time. I have started getting Audiobooks from them every once in a while, and I may start getting ebooks again, just not many, and with the publish date quite a ways away ;)

      Delete
  9. Quilt shop hopping sounds like it would be fun! I'm sure you'll show us your lovely squares one day and I look forward to seeing them. I'm currently waiting for a coffee hop book to arrive in the mail. You go to the coffee places and record your impressions of the coffee place and whatever you order to drink / eat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, I LOVE the sound of the coffee hop!! That sounds fabulous. I will take some pictures and share them.

      Delete
  10. I have a lot of book reviews to catch up on writing. I'll need to go back and read some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I understand! I am trying to stay caught up.

      Delete
  11. The quilt hop shopping sounds fun! I hope you have a great time and a great week Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Shop Hop thing sounds intense but so fun! I hope you manage to hit all 84 stores! I'm excited to see pictures of the squares you score. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haze! You have two months to do it, so it's not like a mad dash, although some ladies did so it that have and have already finished it!! One even finished a quilt already!!!

      Delete
  13. Good luck in getting to more of the shop hop stores. That sounds like fun. The Jen Atkinson book looks good. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Shop Hop sounds fun! I looked it up and it seems there is one in the Mid-Atlantic region, but I can't find any specifically for Maryland. Makes sense since the Mid-Atlantic states are pretty small. I really need to take some time to organize my books. A lot of them are in a box waiting to be shelved. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meezan! I never finished putting all my Kindle own books on my Net Galley shelf, I wish I had, but now it's just overwhelming! the rest of mine are organized.

      Delete
  15. The quilt shop hopping sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to do that. I hope you're able to get all 84. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I am enjoying it. I LOVE looking at fabric...and buying fabric..lol.

      Delete
  16. Wow, that quilting event sounds like fun! Good luck with getting all of them.

    My STS/weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had an absolute blast on your quilt hop, and I am in awe of you modest book haul. Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with the shop hop! I don't know about quilts, but Denver does something similar with bookstores. Someday I'll visit all the bookstores and get the prizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj, that would be so much fun to do with bookstores!!

      Delete
  19. I hope your Quilt Shop Hopping went well! Jen Atkinson's novel looks like it will be good. I hope you enjoy it, Cindy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I am having a lot of fun with the shop hop and I started Jen's book last night and did not want to put it down :)

      Delete