Thursday, September 19, 2024

The First Taste

T

itle: The First Taste

Series: Sweet Peach #2

Author: Annah Conwell

Narrators: Amanda Friday and Andy Harrington

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: RomCom, Christian Fiction, Contemporary

Source: Audible

My Review:

The First Taste is the third book in the Sweet Peach series. I highly recommend reading them in order. They follow a group of four best friends and each book builds on the previous one.

Read for:

  • best friends to more
  • fake dating
  • mush
  • dual POV
  • pranks
  • Ben is awesome
  • Ben's family
  • Sophie's character growth

I enjoyed the story, but the narration got on my nerves a bit, and it made Sophie seem more whiny than what would come across from simply reading the book. Ben is a great male lead, and I love his patience with Sophie. 

I loved how much Sophie grew into herself throughout the story. I can't wait to read MJ's story, One Last Play

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

I can’t believe my best friend wants to be my fake boyfriend… My long-term boyfriend just broke up with me, and I swore off men for the new year because of it. So, when I need a date to appease my mother during her southern society events, I’m forced to look into boyfriends of the fake variety. Bennett is quick to jump to the task. And the more time we spend together, the more I realize why I had a crush on him years ago… But if I’m breaking my man ban, I want it to be for the real thing. The kind of forever I don’t know that Bennett can give me. His girlfriends don’t last long if you can even call them girlfriends. Risking our friendship is one thing, but risking my heart? I don’t know if I can do that. The First Taste is a friends-to-lovers, fake dating romcom filled with tension, pining, and sweetness. It has all the sizzling chemistry you love, without any explicit scenes. Check out this third book in the Sweet Peach Series, a four-book standalone series based around best friends in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment