Friday, October 24, 2025

Curveball on the Dance Floor


About the Book

Title: Curveball on the Dance Floor
Series: Novak Sisters #2
Author: Karin Beery
Publisher: Independently Published
Release Date: October 28, 2025
Genre: Contemporary Romance

My review:

Curveball on the Dance Floor is the second book in the series. I have not read the first one yet, but I wish I had. While this can easily read as a standalone novel, I do feel like I missed a few details, like why Carmen (one of Chris's sisters) is in Germany.
I enjoyed this book. Chris and Tony are great characters, as are the secondary characters. I loved seeing both of them step outside of their norms and thrive. I am not a huge fan of age gap romances, but I do feel like this one was done well. I feel like there could have been more in their relationship and better communication, but again, overall, it was done well. I did see the plot twist coming, but it does change a few things.

Thank you to JustReads and the author for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

★★★★/5

Chris can handle a curveball at the diamond. Can she handle one on the dance floor?

Naturally athletic Christine Novak doesn’t shy away from physical challenges until her older sister needs help on the dance floor. Though she prefers cleats to heels, Chris agrees to help—it’s only for four weeks and for a good cause. But dancing doesn’t come as naturally as throwing a ball, so her sister calls in backup. Handsome, talented, experienced backup.

Tony Caldwell—champion ballroom dancer and Chris’s first childhood crush—agrees to show her the stops, but between her memories of Tony fifteen years ago and the ten-year age gap, Chris struggles to keep her feet in place. Determined to help her succeed, Tony steps out the studio to prove to Chris that she can dance, and that he’s not who she thinks he is.

Extra practices and time together do more than boost Chris’s confidence. As her nerves subside and reality replaces her memories, Chris and Tony become more than dance partners, but their new adult connection might not be enough to overcome the past that catches up to them.

12 comments: