Monday, July 20, 2026

The Trauma Response

Title: The Trauma Response

Series: Give a Bookish Girl a Biker #2

Author: M. J. Padgett

Source: own

My Review:

The Trauma Response is the second book in the Give a Bookish Girl a Biker series. The series has multiple authors, so the books are loosely connected and easy to read as stand-alone novels. But, if you are going to read them all, I recommend reading them in order.

The bookish girl in me longs for some quiet moments with book boyfriends, funny heroines, daring adventures, and maybe even a dragon or two.

I am going to be honest, I picked this book up because I needed/was expecting a nice fluffy read. What I got instead was a girl recovering from a traumatic experience that had life-changing results. Now, while the situation was heavy at times (how could it not be), the author found ways to instill humor, provide levity, and the result was a well-balanced story. 

Tulip and Caius lost touch sometime during college. But when he helps rescue Tulip from her accident, he vows they will not lose touch again. I loved how they were childhood friends who have reconnected. I love that Caius can help Tulip in ways no one else can. They have a sweet connection and I was here for it.

I love the friend group that is holding this series together. It is fun to see their interactions through each story, and I can't wait to read more of this series.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):  

Caius

Putting out fires is second nature to me. I’m used to running in when everyone else is running out, and my private life is no different. When an old friend finds herself spiraling toward depression after a life-changing accident, I naturally leap into action. But I don’t anticipate the old feelings I once had for her sparking back to life, growing deeper with every glance, every touch, every moment spent together.

Tulip

Helping people soothes my soul. My career as a trauma surgeon has been my greatest life’s wish realized. But when it’s all ripped away from me in a car accident that leaves me with nothing but numbness in my left hand, I close off everyone who cares about me. Until my childhood friend, Caius Gray, shows up on my doorstep to rescue me once again.

Will Caius’ patience and tenderness heal my heart? Or will I ignore my growing attraction to my hero and fall into a never ending pit of despair?

No comments:

Post a Comment