Tuesday, July 14, 2026

TTT-Books I need to Read by New to Me Authors

Happy Tuesday my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic isBooks I Want to Read by New to Me Authors (Share books from your to-read list that are written by authors you’ve never read before.) Once again, this is going to be a topic that is hard to narrow down for me. I made a list, I think in 2024, and have barely read any of the authors from it. Plus, I have a gazillion on my TBR that I have never read before, including ones on my own shelves 🤦‍♀️. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Top Ten Tuesday-Books I Want Need to Read by New to Me Authors that I own

 
The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck and Freefall by Kristen Heitzmann-both of these I bought at bookstores for really cheap.
 
Along Came a Cowboy by Christine Lynxwiler and The Governess of Penwythe Hall by Sarah E. Ladd-both of these were gifted to me. I don't read many books about cowboys, but I do think I will enjoy The Governess one when I finally read it.
 
Stand-In Groom by Kaye Dacus and The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope J. Stokes-also bought for super cheap.
 
Mercy's Rain by Cindy K. Sproles and Where Hope Begins by Catherine West (I have 3 of her books on my shelves).
 
 I bought The Armstrong Assignment by Diana Xarissa simply to have a X author on my shelves and Lone Wolf by Raeca Klassen. Raeca is Chantel's daughter, so I bought the book to support her.
 
I won Between You and Us by Kendra Broekhuis and was gifted Love in the Stacks by Julie Milo.

Have you read any of these? 
What topic did you go with this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

34 comments:

  1. Along Came A Cowboy looks like a good one. Great list. Have a good week and a good day. Here is my TTT. https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2026/07/14/top-ten-tuesday-35-books-i-want-to-read-by-new-to-me-authors/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Love in the Stacks sounded familiar, and the title is, but the book I read was actually Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks. I liked that book a lot and maybe you will also love this version of the same title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move up Where Hope Begins to the top of your pile. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Mercy's Rain is really drawing me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your needs are fulfilled, thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by most of these authors either, but I did read some historical fiction by Kristen Heitzman years ago, and liked it a lot. Hope you enjoy all these!

    I have quite a bit of Christian fiction on my TTT list this week too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I have had the book for YEARS, i really need to read it, LOL!

      Delete
  7. I love the cover of The Governess of Penwythe Hall! Mercy's Rain looks good, too. Happy reading all of these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so funny about buying the book just to have an X author! Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever read anything by an X author, I'm going to have to do a deep dive into my books and maybe source for one if I can't find any on my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, LOL! I realized when we moved to Ohio I had an author for every letter except that one, I had to fix it!

      Delete
  9. I love the cover of The Secret Life of Becky Miller. You will have to let us know what you think of it if you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Between You and Us looks good but I haven't heard of the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I am pretty sure that was her debut novel.

      Delete
  11. Great list. I have to look for Love in the Stacks. It really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love in the Stacks looks fun.
    Here's my TTT this week: https://readbakecreate.com/most-anticipated-holiday-releases-of-2026/

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, love your honesty Cindy...I too have so many I haven't gotten to...it's just too many books, lol! I feel like well, at least I'm promoting these authors and books even if I can't get to them all. Love the colorful colors you picked! Hopefully you can get one or two read soon :) I think the Governess one looks good to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellie! Exactly, we are bringing awareness to the books ;)

      Delete
  14. I really like the Lone Wolf cover! I hope you enjoy these when you get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All new to me too. I hope they will be nice discoveries for you

    ReplyDelete
  16. This list is bringing back old reader memories for me! Years ago I read some of Kaye's (I think the one you have featured) and Christine's too. I also read a couple by Kristen Heitzmann and was so impressed by one, but cannot remember what I thought by the other I read by her which I think was Indie published. :) Thanks for visiting my list last week!

    ReplyDelete