Monday, August 24, 2026

Double Shot

Title: Double Shot

Series: Maya Davis #3

Author: Erynn Mangum

Source: Own

My Review:

One of the things that I love about this series is the deep moments of Christian theology, like this one:

"I hope you guys are catching on that this list, like most things related to God's Word, is a direct reflection of God's attributes. As Christians, we are to reflect the One who made us. Which is why qualities we need to possess are simply characteristics of God."

While this book (and the others in the series) are light reads, they do have a lot of depth as well. Once again, I recommend reading the series in order. In this book, Jack and Maya get engaged and are planning their wedding and what life is going to look like after the marriage. Will they stay in Hudson, or will they accept the promotion that Jack is offered, moving them far away from everyone they love? Also, Maya's brother and his wife are going through some heavier things as well.

I didn't love the ending, only because it left things kind of open. There are two more books in the series, but I was expecting a more decisive ending.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

Now that Maya is engaged to Jack, the love of her life, everything should be perfect, but actually, it’s the opposite. Maya must trust that God is in control even when things seem to be a disastrous mess.

This fiction novel uses the power of story and humor to challenge teens to discover the relevance of faith in their lives. This fun, lighthearted read promotes trust in God.

1 comment: