
Author: Dennis McCallum
Source: Hoopla/own
My Review:
The truest thing about us is what God says about us.
In our current sermon series at Church, our pastor was referencing Walking in Victory quite a bit. So, I checked this book out of the library, and when I started highlighting a lot of quotes, I knew it was one I wanted to own, so I bought it.
Romans 5-8 is the premiere passage in the New Testament on how to grow spiritually. At the heart of these chapters is the need to understand, believe, and apply our new identity in Christ.
Overall, I liked this book. I found some sections more interesting than others, but it is a great way to learn more about the book of Romans.
God wants us to hear something important from Romans 5 and 6: It's not enough to change what we do; we have to change who we are.
While this book is on the shorter side, the author covers quite a few topics. Each chapter is fairly short and digestible. I found it to be a quick read and worth the time.
★★★★/5
Synopsis (Goodreads):
To walk in victory, we must understand who we are as fallen creatures. With this focus on Romans 5-8, Dennis McCallum guides us through the principles that can help us move on to true maturity as believers. McCallum offers fresh insights into the sanctification process and into the nature of sin.
From the author's review:
In this book you can learn:
Why legalism is incompatible with relationship
Why modern Christian phariseeism has distorted the plain teachings of scripture
How Jesus’ teaching harmonizes with Paul’s
How deepening your understanding of grace can enhance your ministry
Why pure grace will NOT lead to sinful living
How you can see your own life transformed by plumbing the depths of grace
How to replace the deadly cycle of legalism and sin in your life with God’s victory
Ask yourself:
Am I coming to God in Adam, or in Christ?
How would I know if I’m living under law?
Am I struggling with sin habits because of legalism?
Is my mental focus on Christ or on sin and self?
Am I able to bring others into grace, freedom, and the joy of the Lord?
No comments:
Post a Comment