
Author: Raeca Klassen
Source: Own
My Review:
I bought this book a few years ago when it came out. Raeca Klassen is BookTuber's Chantel's daughter, and Chantel was talking about the book. I decided to buy it in support of her and her daughter's effort. My only regret is waiting so long to read it.
I am not the intended audience for this book, so I can't say for sure whether a middle schooler would enjoy this book or not. However, I did. It is very uniquely written, and I appreciated that. The chapters are short, which I also appreciated, LOL.
The book is novella length (80 pages), so there is not much I can say about it without giving spoilers. Hugo is twelve and in foster care. He hopes that this time will be different from all the other times. This story is about Hugo and his interactions with the Collins siblings and their neighbors. I enjoyed Hugo's narrative and the complexity of the story. This story has humor, sarcasm, and heart.
★★★★/5
Synopsis (Goodreads):
Twelve-year-old Hugo has lived in eight different houses in the last five years and he's lived with the Collins' for seventy-two hours. He's hoping this house will be different than the previous ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment