Sunday, August 1, 2021

No add July update

 July was hard because I decided not to buy any books or add any books to my to-be-read list on Goodreads. The plan was to work on catching up on reviews and obligated books, not adding any more obligations. Which I did. I read quite a bit and while I am not as far behind I am not completely caught up either! I went to several bookstores in July and walked out with no books for me...until yesterday. We are in Virginia visiting friends and they mentioned they had a McKay's bookstore 😲 Not sure how we have been here for 10 years and not know that (our checkbook thanks us!).

 So, anyway, we went to McKay's and I might have walked out with 33 books 😵 So, I guess no-add July was an epic failure....or was it? Because, some of these books are not books that have a set deadline for review. I can review them anytime I want once I find the time to actually read them. And, some of these have been on my to be read pile for quite some time...and as if that is not justification enough...you all....LOOK AT THOSE PRICES!!!





What would you have done? Would you have walked out without the books? Would you been able to pass up books at that price? Did I have an epic failure? Or was I brilliant for getting 33 books for $24.69? That averages out to $.74 per book. My most expensive book was Elizabeth Camden's book "A Prince of Spies" that was a 2021 release.  I could not resist...rather it makes me brilliant or an epic failure I accept it because I have 33 new books 😂 Also, if you are ever near Manassas, Virginia be sure and stop in and check out their Christian Fiction section, the prices are AMAZING.

10 comments:

  1. Books for 25 and 35 cents? Others for under a dollar? I would have walked out with two armfuls! (And I wouldn't even have felt bad about it.) Happy Reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a GREAT haul...but I did leave some great ones in the store, LOL. Couldn't claim them all. I am looking forward to reading them...someday :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great haul. I thought you did really well not adding anything. And with those prices, it's totally okay to add 33 books! :). (I lived in Manassas, Virginia 50 years ago! I bet it's changed a bit! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did do good not adding anything...I think the trend will mostly continue for August as well, I still don't feel completely caught up. I agree, I couldn't pass up those prices!!! That is cheaper than anywhere else you would buy them, even secondhand. I have no idea ho Manassas was 50 years ago, but I am betting there has been a TON of growth...there was lots around. If you ever get that way again stop in at the McKay's, it would be worth it!

      Delete
  3. I often find when I go into a bargain book store I don't tend to buy books whereas I will preorder on Christian Book, Bookshop or in store at B&N. I think it's because most of the books I find I've already read and/or owned at some point. :)

    Thanks SO much for the visit to Finding Wonderland last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were quite a few of these that I had heard of the author, but not the book. I had read a few of them, but bought them anyway because my son will read them (the suspense ones). There were several that have been on my TBR for a while so was glad to pick them up.

      Delete
  4. My eyes popped out of my head at the amount of books, but considering the prices...I don't blame you ONE bit! I would have done the same for sure. I hope you enjoy all these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes were popping at the prices!!! The most expensive one I bought was $2...now my kids...their books were like $6-$12, but I won't pay that, lol, I'm too cheap. If I am going to pay that price it will be for a new book.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your exciting book haul. I would have done the same but actually added more than to to my purchase at those prices. We live in Pennsylvania and visit Virginia often enough so thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of this book store but I can guarantee I'll be visiting it soon. Enjoy all your wonderful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been visiting there for 10 years and my friend was like, I guess I should have told you about this sooner, uh, yeah!! LOL. The bookstore is in several states, so you might have one in yours, not sure...but worth looking up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete