Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday-The Last Piece

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Typically they are books that have not been released yet. This week I am sharing The Last Piece by Terrie Todd. This book releases November 6, 2021.

I love puzzles and I enjoy Terrie Todd's books. I have no doubt this will be different from anything else I have ever read. I love the sound of this unique storyline!

About the book (Goodreads):

When his father dies during the Great Depression, Ray Matthews is forced to drop out of art school to support his mother and sister as a jigsaw puzzle artist. Ray has only one painting he vows never to sell: the portrait of his beloved sweetheart. When pressured to break his oath, Ray sends the painting off with a promise and a prophecy.Through eight decades, the puzzle of the beautiful girl at the wishing well passes through four households, deeply affecting each without ever being fully completed.

When Leesha Pennington’s weekly treasure hunt at her local thrift shop produces an old jigsaw puzzle that might be worth something, she adds it to her shopping cart despite the old man’s mysterious warning: “Be careful with that one. Some puzzles don’t like to be solved.” Her decision sets in motion a chain of events that causes all five stories to converge.
With powerful themes of family relationships and self-sacrifice, this story is part allegory/part metaphor, rooted in real life.

What book are you eagerly anticipating? If you would like to join in the Can't wait Wednesday fun just click on the image below to be taken to today's post. Happy reading!


12 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds so good! That quote about being careful because some puzzles don't like to be solved has me so curious! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, you are welcome. I think it is going to be soooooo good :)

      Delete
  2. That is an incredible story idea, and I love Terrie Todd! Not to mention a gorgeous cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotation about how some puzzles don't like to be solved. Hope you love it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. The era plus the allegory element sounds intriguing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound interesting. A jigsaw puzzle artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this really does sound like a unique premise. That teaser you quoted has me so curious. I hope you love this read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will I have enjoyed everything else I have written by her.

      Delete