Friday, October 1, 2021

First Line Friday #19-You Belong With Me

 Happy Friday! I hope you have a great day and a relaxing weekend surrounded by books 😀! That is MY hope for the weekend, a girl's gotta dream, right?! Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Meez Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading You Belong with Me by Tari Faris. This is the first book of her Restoring Heritage series.

Was she really the only one left who cared about this town?

I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading.

Book Beginnings:

Was she really the only one left who cared about this town?

Hannah Thornton shivered as a chill traveled over her skin. Her '76 Volkswagen Bug might be a classic, but it didn't offer much protection from the icy cold of February in Michigan. The Streetlight highlighted a few scattered snowflakes that drifted down from the dark sky. Cold or not, she loved winter and all its beauty.

About the Book:

Realtor Hannah Thornton has many talents. Unfortunately, selling houses in the town where her family name is practically poison isn't one of them. When a business tycoon determines to raze historic homes in the small town of Heritage, Michigan, and replace them with a strip mall, Hannah resolves to stop him. She sets about helping Heritage win a restoration grant that will put the town back on the map--and hopefully finally repay the financial debt Hannah's mother caused the town. But at first no one supports her efforts--not even her best friend, Luke.

Luke Johnson may have grown up in Heritage, but as a foster kid he never truly felt as if he belonged. Now he has a chance to score a job as assistant fire chief and earn his place in the town. But when the interview process and Hannah's restoration project start unearthing things from his past, Luke must decide if belonging is worth the pain of being honest about who he is--and who he was.

Have you read You Belong With Me? What did you think?

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 


 


13 comments:

  1. I really need to read this one. It's been on my TBR list for a while now. It sounds so good! Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to binge all three in the series together :) I am enjoying it!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like another really good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read this one yet, but that beginning really makes me want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to finish it tonight :) It is good.

      Delete
  4. I've seen this book around, but haven't read a book by this author yet. I hear lots of good things. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time reading this author, I enjoyed the book.

      Delete
  5. I read and reviewed the whole series. A great town to visit! I liked Otis the Hippo!

    My first lines are by Jenny Knipfer and Under the Weeping Willows:
    Enid June 1983
    I rub my hand over my mother’s words. My throat clenches, and I hiccup, forcing back a sob. A tear lands on the lined page of the diary with a splat.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Otis and am now on the third book :)

      Delete
  6. I read the second one today and hope to finish the trilogy in the next few days :) I have not heard of Under the Weeping Willows, I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds different and so good. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete