Friday, October 29, 2021

First Line Friday #23-Tacos for Two

 Happy Friday! I hope you have a great day and a relaxing weekend surrounded by books 😀!  My hope for this weekend is to catch up as I am still behind on some of my deadlines!! Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Meez Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading Tacos for Two by Betsy St. Amant. This is the first book I have read by this author and I can already tell you, it won't be my last! 😀

Prologue

Love at First Chat Direct Messenger

StrongerMan99: We have to stop meeting like this.

    ColorMeTurquoise: You mean, anonymously through a computer?

I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading.

Book Beginnings:

Prologue

Love at First Chat Direct Messenger

StrongerMan99: We have to stop meeting like this.

    ColorMeTurquoise: You mean, anonymously through a computer?

Exactly. I actually spent a long time trying to think of something better to say than hi, but now I think that would have been better.

    LOL I applaud your effort. Am I the first one they've matched you with?

Second. The sounds worse than it is.

    Not when I tell you that you're my fourth.

About the book (from Goodreads):

Rory Perez, a food truck owner who can't cook, is struggling to keep the business she inherited from her aunt out of the red--and an upcoming contest during Modest's annual food truck festival seems the best way to do it. The prize money could finally give her a solid financial footing and keep her cousin with special needs paid up at her beloved assisted living home. Then maybe Rory will have enough time to meet the man she's been talking to via an anonymous online dating site.

Jude Strong is tired of being a puppet at his manipulative father's law firm, and the food truck festival seems like the perfect opportunity to dive into his passion for cooking and finally call his life his own. But if he loses the contest, he's back at the law firm for good. Failure is not an option.

Complications arise when Rory's chef gets mono and she realizes she has to cook after all. Then Jude discovers that his stiffest competition is the same woman he's been falling for online the past month.

Will these unlikely chefs sacrifice it all for the sake of love? Or will there only ever be tacos for one?
 

 Have you read Tacos for Two? What did you think?

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!


 


16 comments:

  1. Tacos for Two was a very fun book!

    My first line comes from Lost in Darkness by Michelle Griep.
    London, 1815
    There was something glorious about the first day of June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have not read anything by Michelle Griep, hopefully in 2022!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds cute! Though it can be creepy to meet someone IRL after a lot of time online, who knows who they really are?
    Mine is a historical novel/bio set in France: https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/26/katherines-wish-first-chapter-first-paragraph-book-beginnings/
    Do you like it? Fee free to request your copy and review it in your own time.
    You can also enter the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book, and I love the title.

    I'm currently reading Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
    "The servants called them malenchki, little ghosts, because they were the smallest and the youngest, and because they haunted the Duke's house like giggling phantoms, darting in and out of rooms, hiding in cupboards to eavesdrop, sneaking into the kitchen to steal the last of the summer peaches."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami-It was a good book, I really enjoyed it. I have seen Shadow and Bone around, but not read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm currently reading Lost in Darkness by Michelle Griep. It is AMAZING! I'm just getting into chapter 19, so I'll share a line or two from there: "As if riding unchaperoned in a dark carriage with a man weren't improper enough, now this. A lone woman dining amongst a room full of suits."
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, I STILL have not read a book by her and the odds are not in my favor for the remaining of this year, but I hope to read her books next year...I have heard SO many great things about her books.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this book. It sounds very interesting! I find reading paper/hardcover books difficult with being visually impaired so I do most of my "reading" through Audible. I have "read" several so far this year but have so many left to get to yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is pretty good on audio! I'm not positive it is on Audible but I know it is on Scribd. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I have not. I want to now.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read Taco's for Two, but it sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Online romances, the perfect theme for a romantic mystery.

    ReplyDelete