Saturday, November 20, 2021

Reading challenges-50 books a year

Happy Saturday, friends! How are things going in your neck of woods? Things are going well here. It's much cooler than it has been and my husband and I got some much needed work done early this
morning, after dropping our son at work at 6:30 (it should be against the law to be at work that early on a Saturday 😉😂). But, on the plus side, we were productive, LOL! 

Do you all participate in reading challenges? Why or why not?! I want to hear all the answers. With this book blog baby only being about 6 months old I haven't really participated in many challenges, but I want to in 2022. I want to be very careful not to over obligate myself, as I did with ARC the past 6 months or so, mainly because I got behind (you know, life!) and couldn't catch back up. And, I am very much a "anything worth doing is worth doing right" type person, so I felt all this pressure to catch up (I am almost there!). I have already decided that next year I am going to cut waaaaaaaay back on ARC (it sounds good, right?) so I have more freedom to read the books I already own that are on my shelves and on my Kindle. Plus, just catch up on some authors that I have found and want to read their back lists 😀

So, that brings me to the first challenge that I have decided to be a part of for 2022. I will be participating in Emily The Book Nerd's challenge (I am excited and looking forward to it!):

RULES/HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

- You cannot double up on books. For example, one book per category. 

- If you are a blogger, bookstagrammer, etc, and posting your reviews and books read try to link back to my blog and this challenge. That way, more people can join in on the fun/discussions.

- Use the hashtag #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO when posting on social media and sharing books you read for challenges etc.

- You can join in on our Facebook group here for discussions.

- You can read and do the prompts/challenges in any order you want. 

- Set fun but attainable reading goals. If you do not complete all prompts that is completely fine! No stress zone here.

- Join at any time throughout 2022 but all books need to be read January 1, 2022 - the end of 2022. Pretty basic.

- It is okay to DNF any book that you start for that challenge. Even better, share why you did not finish it. 

- All audiobooks count regardless of the challenge.

- Feel free to use all graphics for your posts on social media.


 So, again, I ask, do you participate in reading challenges? Which ones will you be doing in 2022? To check out Emily's challenge (and to sign-up!) click the icon below!


9 comments:

  1. I do like to join certain reading challenges. They can be a lot of fun! I just have to be careful not to over-commit myself, because I tend to lose steam and excitement as the year goes on. So I've learned to only do one, maybe two, in a year. But that's just me. Good luck with this Nerdy Bookworm challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I get it. That's how I was with the advanced reader copies, it started feeling a bit like a chore. So, I am going to do ones that benefit me (like tackling the TBR piles) and then one or two like this, that are fun and will totally challenge me a bit!

      Delete
  2. I used to do more reading challenges but it's been a while. I like the look of this though, especially that fun bingo card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I know! Me too! It is set up in such a fun way...I might have been drawn to the pink as well, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I like book challenges, but I never seem to "follow up" and make sure I complete them! I agree with you, I'm going to "try" and request fewer books and read more books that I have on my shelf, or kindle in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I have seen some great challenges for that :) I just need to get my posts written!

      Delete
  4. That looks like a fun challenge.

    I love to participate in book challenges, but I limit myself. I only do 2-3 a year because it can become overwhelming to keep up with too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami-I plan to do a few, no more than 5, probably closer to 3 :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you get a lot of reading done. Can't wait to see what you end up reading. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete