Thursday, February 3, 2022

Life Flight

Title: Life Flight

Series: Extreme Measures #1

Author: Lynette Eason

Publisher: Revell

Genre: Christian Fiction, Suspense,

Source: Publisher Provided

My Review:

Lynette Eason is an auto-read author for me. I may not be able to get to her books as soon as they are published, but I read them as soon as I can. She is an author whose works I consistently enjoy. Life Flight is no exception.

Today was not going to be the day they died-not if she had anything to say about it. (first line)

From the first line of Life Flight, the reader is drawn immediately into the story. We are introduced to Penny and her team, getting to know them and how they react in extreme situations. Penny is level-headed, thoughtful, and a fighter. She is intelligent and resourceful. All of which are great skills for a pilot to have.

When her panel fluttered, then went dark once more, she groaned and squinted through the glass.

FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield met Penny two years ago when she saved his life. Since then they have been friends wondering about more. When they find themselves in another dangerous situation everything escalates.  Not just in the field but with Holt's family as well. Once some secrets are revealed Penny and Holt struggle with trusting each other.

Holt let him vent while he concentrated on how best to catch the man. Again. It hadn't been easy the first time.

There are several subplots to the main plot, yet everything flows smoothly together. There are several mysteries, a serial killer, and no shortage of bad guys. Somehow Eason has managed a dark story without making it too heavy. There is an intense edge to it, but in a way where you need to know what happens next. This book kept me riveted and engaged.

The mastermind behind everything is brilliant. Freakishly so. There is a level of plausibility there too. Sometimes in stories like this I think, "that couldn't possibly happen." Here, it is so well-written I can see it happening. 

I thoroughly enjoyed Life Flight and highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good suspense story. While some things are obvious (and are supposed to be), other things are harder to figure out and will keep you guessing to the very end. I cannot wait for the next book in the series.

Thank you to Revell for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.

★★★★/5

Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is used to high stress situations, but being forced to land on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient--and a serial killer on the loose--tests her skills and her nerve to the limit. She survives with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield's help. But she's not out of the woods yet.

In the ensuing days, Penny finds herself under attack. And when news reaches Holt that he may not have gotten his man after all, it will take all he and Penny have to catch a killer--before he catches one of them.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lynette Eason is back with another high-octane tale of close calls, narrow escapes, and the fight to bring a nefarious criminal to justice.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I've been looking forward to your review for this book. I've just added this to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, yay! So glad to hear it. It took me two days to find the time to write the review, it's been a weird week! I loved it and can't wait for the next one! I hope you enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that the suspense in this story was enjoyable for you! I find that multiple sub-plots can be confusing at times, but when done right, they can be so effective at capturing reader interest.
    claire @ clairefy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read and enjoyed a few of Eason's books. And I do like the sound of this one! Here's hoping my library had a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, hopefully so! If not, you can always try and request it!!

      Delete