Friday, March 25, 2022

First Line Friday #44-Malicious Intent

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! Any plans for the weekend? Today I am traveling to Ohio to see my daughter for the weekend. I have three audio books lined up to get me there and back! Tomorrow and Sunday will be helping my daughter with a few things and then relaxing. Sunday evening her choir has a concert and she is singing a solo! I can't wait to hear them perform. 

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading Malicious Intent by Lynn Blackburn.

The stack of cash on his desk was as close to genuine currency as a squeeze cheese was to Brie.

   Book Beginnings:

The stack of cash on his desk was as close to genuine currency as a squeeze cheese was to Brie.

US Secret Service Special Agent Gil Dixon turned on of the fraudulent twenties over and studied the back. There were a few similarities to the real thing, but not enough to confuse anyone paying attention.

About the book (from Goodreads):

Dr. Ivy Collins, founder and CEO of Hedera, Inc., is ready to begin clinical trials of her company's cutting-edge prosthetic. Her work has been heralded by government, medical, and advocacy groups and everyone hopes the device will be a success. Well, almost everyone. Someone is trying to sabotage Hedera and the launch, but to what purpose--and how far will they go to get what they want?

Meanwhile, U.S. Secret Service Agent Gil Dixon can't believe he's finally been reunited with Ivy, his childhood best friend. Now that he's found her again, Gil intends to spend the rest of his life with her. But it will take all his skill to uncover the truth in time to save Ivy's life's work, her own life, and the innocent lives caught in the crossfire.

Perfectly balancing chilling suspense and uplifting romance, award-winning author Lynn H. Blackburn delivers a story of revenge, greed, and overcoming that you won't want to put down no matter how late it gets.

 Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too! Thank you all for coming by each week, I REALLY appreciate the support and comments 😀

 

20 comments:

  1. Squeeze cheese lol. Hey, wait a minute. I like that stuff! Nice opening and happy reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap: https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2022/03/review-chasing-shadows.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first line. Although, I do enjoy a bit of squeeze cheese once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first line! I have not read a Lynn H. Blackburn book yet, but she has been on my TBR for a while. Hope you have a great weekend with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen, I have enjoyed the books I have read by her :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I'm just beginning A Proper Scandal by Esther Hatch.
    "I am to go by myself?" Grace dropped the rag she had been using to wash the parlor window.
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this book! Happy reading! 😊 My post this week features Count the Nights by Stars by Michelle Shocklee: http://gracetogrowblog.com/count-nights-by-stars-michelle-shocklee/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malicious Intent was a great book!

    My first line is from Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill:
    December 31, 1883
    “I don’t understand why we can’t marry sooner. Cincinnati doesn’t require your grandfather’s consent.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I loved Counterfeit Love and hope you do as well!

      Delete
  8. This sounds really good. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Malicious Intent. I'm currently reading Enchanting an Heiress by Kristi Ann Hunter, so here's a line from there: A few weeks ago, Harriet had not been looking forward to the April Meeting and the influx of people and social engagements it would bring.
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great opener! This series sounds so good! Hoping to read it soon. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete