Friday, April 1, 2022

First Line Friday #45-Mulberry Hollow

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! Any plans for the weekend? I hope to rest/relax on Saturday and have a full day of church stuff on Sunday.

Welcome back to First Line Friday hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!! I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. To join in the fun grab the book you are reading and leave a comment with the first line (or your link).  This week I am reading Mulberry Hollow by Denise Hunter.


Two glaring realizations flashed through Wes Garrett's mind as he blinked against the morning sunlight: He was alone in the camping shelter, and he was soaked to the skin.

Book Beginnings:

Two glaring realizations flashed through Wes Garrett's mind as he blinked against the morning sunlight: He was alone in the camping shelter, and he was soaked to the skin. A few other insights struck-his head throbbed, his muscles ached, and despite the July heat, chills wracked his body.

I am also sharing my March Wrap-up.

About the book (from Goodreads):

Contractor Wes Mathews is nearly finished hiking the Appalachian Trail in honor of his recently deceased best friend when he falls terribly ill. He stumbles into the nearest town and soon finds himself indebted to the beautiful young doctor who owns the clinic. In lieu of payment, he proposes a trade that will keep him in town—and away from obligations to his best friend’s sister—for several weeks.

But as Avery and Wes spend time together, their friendship begins moving into unexpected territory. Soon they both begin to question their plans for the future. But will Wes be able to let go of the debt he owes his best friend? And will Avery find the courage to risk everything for love?

 Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too! Thank you all for coming by each week, I REALLY appreciate the support and comments 😀

 

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good romance novel. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy reading this book. :) I look forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni :) I appreciate the support.

      Delete
  3. My first line comes from All That It Takes by Nicole Deese:
    As the door to our new life swung open and my ten-year-old son rushed across the threshold to explore the second-story apartment, the you-break-it- you-buy-it policy flashed across my mind like a hazard warning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I am looking forward to reading this one soon!! I hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Mulberry Hollow sounds great, as I like hiking books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I really enjoyed the first one, looking forward to this one too.

      Delete
  5. Looks good and a pretty cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is stunning and that beginning of the book sounds so good.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good! It's been way too long since I've read a Denise Hunter book. Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun set up for a romance. Hope you are enjoying your restful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise Hunter has the most gorgeous covers! This is one of my favorites. It invites you into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished this one! I liked it much better than the first one in the series 😊

    ReplyDelete