Monday, April 18, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading? #9 '22

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are planning to read over the week. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and add to your TBR pile! This meme is hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. I am reading All That it Takes by Nicole Deese.

About the book (from Goodreads):

When the ever-cautious Val Locklier finally agrees to a cross-country move with her nine-year-old son to take a job with her best friend, Molly, everything she had planned for the future unravels within the first week. After pushing aside her anxieties about renting an apartment from Molly's twin brother, whom she barely knows, she accepts an invitation for an elite filmmaker's mentorship. Caught between her insecurities and new possibilities, she feels completely unprepared for the challenges ahead.

Pastor Miles McKenzie returns home from abroad to discover that not only does he have an intriguing new tenant living upstairs, he's been banished to a ministry on life support. Disillusioned and restless, he pursues a relationship with Val without stopping to consider the timing or asking God to direct his steps.

As Val struggles to stop hiding behind the camera and Miles wrestles with shattered expectations, they'll find that authentic love and sacrifice must go hand in hand.

 So, what have you been reading lately? And what's coming up on your radar? If you would like to join the fun click on the link below 😀

20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to try this author Cindy! I hope you really enjoy All That it Takes!🤗📚💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Susan, I hope you love her work as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of this book. It sounds intriguing. I hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds good! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good book. I hope you enjoy it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting story. I like that the twin brother is a pastor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I am enjoying it! The first book in the series was about the twin sister :)

      Delete
  6. Gotta say that book is calling to me very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to read it I would recommend the first one in the series, first. It's called "All That Really Matters."

      Delete
  7. A pastor as one of the main characters is not one I've seen before. Very new and unexpected. Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an intriguing book, Cindy! Hope you enjoy it -

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting.
    I'm afraid if I add it to my wobbly TBR, that it will fall��!! (Here goes!)
    Blessings~��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I get it!! It's good and I would recommend reading "All that Really Matters" first.

      Delete
  10. Your book sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good and I would recommend reading "All that Really Matters" first.

      Delete