Saturday, April 2, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #17, Sunday Post #14, Sunday Salon #9

Hey bookish friends! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. Today I am taking it easy. I have been working on a puzzle, reading, and blogging. The rest of the day will be much of the same. Tomorrow is busy with church stuff. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

I actually got this one a few weeks ago when I signed up to do a tour for JustRead Publicity Tours and forgot to share it.

Library:

No new books.

Kindle Freebies:

Received in the mail for review:

 

Bought used from Amazon:


 Bought at the library book sale:

 

My wrap-up for March is here. I had ten books that I wanted to read in March and I read 8, I did not get to Fragments of Fear by Carrie Parks Stuart and The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham. As much as I would like to say I will get to the in April, odds are good they will be pushed into May because of the amount of books I have said I would review in April.

I added 18 books to my Goodreads shelf this week (Um, thanks?)!!!!

I finished 4 books this week and still need to post 1 of the reviews.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 

36 comments:

  1. I've got a few books waiting for me at the library - Edgewater Road by Shelley Shephard Gray, Clause and Effect by Caitlyn Dunnett and a couple of non-fiction books.

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, I hope you enjoy them! I liked Edgewater Road. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Chicken about Love sounds just like me!! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken about Love sounds just like me!! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a Kindle freebie and often get them. I need to actually start reading them too! I wish we did Library book sales here in the UK, although I feel that could be dangerous for me!!!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog

    My stacking the shelves post:https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/02/stacking-the-shelves-8/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, my library always has books for sale in the foyer. I don't always look, LOL. I need to start reading the ones on my Kindle as well, there are so many great ones on there that I was dying to read when I got them, then I forget about them.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy all these books Cindy. Sales and Freebies are always inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading eight out of ten books you'd hoped to read in March is excellent, I think.

    Working a puzzle...reading...blogging...that sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, yes, I am going for a relaxing day. Things have been crazy lately and the upcoming week is busy as well, trying to rejuvenate.

      Delete
  7. Happy weekend to you! I haven't added any books this week. Am I sick? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a peaceful Saturday. :) I've mostly been working on my blog today too. I wrote a Privacy Policy and updated a few things. Now, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening reading. My husband went up to visit his parents and I did go because I'm coming down with a cold. I hope you have a nice rest of your evening and a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, so sorry to hear you are getting sick again!! I hope you enjoyed your evening reading.

      Delete
  9. We tend to have quiet weekends, and go out and do stuff during the week. On monday we're headed out to go camping. I hope you enjoy all these books! They all look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I hope you have a great time camping!

      Delete
  10. Looks like you got some good books. Now, to find the time to read them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weekend sounds relaxing. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your weekend plans. I wish I could do a jigsaw puzzle but I have cats and they play hockey with puzzle pieces, so yeah.

    Your book about the canyon looks thrilling. And isn't it great to find used books we are interested in? I have a Goodwill near me that has an awesome supply of 1-3 dollar books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, thanks. My sister has the same problem with her cat, LOL. I love being able to get used books, a blessing for sure!

      Delete
  13. Hi Cindy! Aaah 18 new ones isn't that bad at all. I got so inspired by all the Christian fiction that you always showcase on your blog, that I've decided to request a Christian Fiction book on Netgalley. I know I need to read more in that genre as it is always good for the soul.

    Have a good week ahead and happy reading!!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, Aw, thanks so much, that totally made my day! Which book did you request?

      Delete
  14. It sounds like you’re having a great weekend! 18 books added - I can related to that! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I plan on relaxing all weekend. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a heavy user of my library but mostly don't include those in my Sunday post. I do share at least a few sentences on every book I read on Goodreads but tend to only blog about my review ARCs or freebies. I am grateful to have so many amazing books to read.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I used to ONLY borrow from the library, we couldn't afford extras, like books. I still love the library and support it, but have been trying to catch up on books I own (and pass the ones I am finished with on). I am very thankful there are SO many great books/genres out there!

      Delete
  17. Great weekend plans. Good selection of books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of your books look really good. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you enjoyed your relaxing weekend--that sounds so nice! I hope you are enjoying your reading this week. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete