Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday-Anything but Plain

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Typically they are books that have not been released yet. This week I am sharing Anything but Plain by Suzanne Woods Fisher. It comes out October 4, 2022. As far as I know, this is a stand-alone novel.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

It's not easy being the bishop's daughter, especially for Lydie Stoltzfus. She's not like other Amish girls, as much as she wishes she were. The only thing she does well is disappoint others. Leaving her family and church seems unbearable, but staying might be worse.

Knowing Lydie is "between" jobs, the local doctor asks her to fill in at the front desk for a few months. To Lydie, this is a boon. It gives her time to figure out how she's going to say goodbye to her neighbor, Nathan Yoder--the main reason she needs to leave Stoney Ridge. Nathan claims he's in love with her, but she knows she's not good enough for him. If in doubt, Nathan's father reminds her frequently.

As Dok spends time with Lydie, she recognizes symptoms of a disorder rare among the Amish. She offers treatment for Lydie. But will it be enough to make her stay? Or has help come too late?
 

 What book are you eagerly anticipating? If you would like to join in the Can't wait Wednesday fun just click on the image below to be taken to today's post. Happy reading!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting story. Hope she gets what she needs. And hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the premise of the story. I'm wondering what disorder Lydia has?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this author before and this one sounds good. I hope that you enjoy when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I already want to know more about Lydie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hard decision for Lydie to make in the end! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I'm curious about what disorder Lydie might have. Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Suzanne Woods Fisher's books. I'm not familiar with this one yet. I'll have to read it.

    Come see what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete