Sunday, September 25, 2022

Love and the Dream Come True

TitleLove and the Dream Come True

Series: State of Grace #3

Author: Tammy L. Gray

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Romance, Christian Fiction

Publisher: Bethany House

Source: Library

My review:

Love and the Dream Come True is the third book in the State of Grace series by Tammy L. Gray. While it could act as a stand-alone novel, I recommend reading the first two books to understand the history of the characters, especially Cameron.

This is a quick read and I found it hard to put down. I loved Lexie and Morgan's relationship, although it was a bit backward. I loved that Lexie got to see and get to know her longtime crush, Cameron, but I found it a bit difficult to believe she saw beyond the crush.

Cameron has been on the struggle bus for a long time. It was good to see him come back to his roots and stop running from his demons. His affection for Morgan was super sweet. The way he came to appreciate and care for Mrs. Hardcastle's house was touching. 

Love and the Dream Come True has a lot of heart and emotions in it. I found it to be a mostly satisfying end to the series. Although, I would have loved for Mason to get his own story! I feel like he got gypped! 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

When Cameron Lee's music career takes a nose dive, he reluctantly returns home, where he falls fast for single mom Lexie Walters. But fantasies only last so long, and soon they have to face the real world, one fraught with heartbreak and disappointment and questions that can only be answered on your knees. 

13 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can add another series to my already too long TBR list! ;D But this one does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I find myself adding to my TBR almost daily! It is a wonderful problem to have!

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked the series to read them all! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a sweet read.. maybe too Hallmark for my tastes though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena, I understand that, but I like Hallmark, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Do you think the author might do one more book in the series? Just for Mason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I heard through the grapevine this is her LAST book, I hope it's not true!!

      Delete
  5. REALLY want to read these from Nicole. I read some of her indie books but haven't read any of her trad published novels and I'm super curious to see if I like them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete