Saturday, September 24, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #42, Sunday Post #39, Sunday Salon #33

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I have been sick this week (still am), so this weekend I will continue to take it easy, while doing some packing, reading, and blogging.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: None.

Bought

I had store credit so got these two free:

I bought these two at a used book store:


I own books 2-5 in The Million Dollar Mysteries series, but still need to get my hands on book #1 before I can read it! I have found them at different used bookstores over the years.

Other updates:

I added 15 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 3 books this week, DNF 1, and will probably DNF the audiobook I am listening to. I am still caught up on reviews (yay!) and will probably finish two books this weekend.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Playing the Part

Book Review: A Rumored Fortune

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR 2022 

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Lost Melody

Book Review: Harvest Moon 

First Line Friday #64-Eloise and the Grump Next Door 

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

34 comments:

  1. I looked up House at end of Moor and it looks quite intriguing - hope you enjoy your books. You've shown amazing patience waiting to find #1 in that series!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing those books. I'm a slow reader so don't finish as many books in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I have always been a pretty quick reader, but the downside is I don't always remember a lot about the books.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel much better soon and are able to get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have been sick. Sending good thoughts and prayers for healing.

    I remember a blogging friend who loved The Blue Castle so much. It was her favorite book and she encouraged everyone to read it. I finally did and I loved the main character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting looking books. I hope that you get better soon.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/25/sunday-salon-22/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to hesitate to DNF, but life is too short. If it's not working for me, I DNF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I agree. I am going to switch from audio to actually reading it, if it doesn't work after a few chapters I will DNF.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a decent reading week. I like it when people are not afraid to DNF! :) Hope you enjoy your books!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormi, I used to ALWAYS finish every book I started, no matter what. Now, I don't want to spend my time reading something I don't enjoy.

      Delete
  8. I recently acquired the ebook of The Blue Castle, too! Let's see which one of us gets to it first! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, my guess is we will both still have it on our shelf in 2023, LOL!

      Delete
  9. Hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week! Thanks for visiting my Sunday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never like being sick so I hope you feel much better very soon.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better. DNFing helps me avoid the dreaded book slump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, thanks! I can see where it would keep you out of a reading slump.

      Delete
  12. Hope you're feeling better! I love the look of that first you book you snagged used- looks like an atmospheric cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! 15 books is sure a lot to add! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. How often do you tend your Goodreads account? I keep piling up books and then I can't remember why I put them on the list in the first place. I did a purge not long ago and got down under 200 titles.

    My Sunday Salon post. I've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I am on it any time I have an update. I did some purging a few weeks back and got my TBR under 600, but it has crept back over ;)

      Delete
  15. Enjoy your new reads. It's been years since I read a Suzanne Woods Fischer book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better today and that you were able to relax and take it easy yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been curious about The Blue Castle! I hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, I am feeling much better. I have heard wonderful things about The Blue Castle, so I am looking forward to reading it (eventually, LOL).

      Delete