Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday-The Sisters of Sea View

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Typically they are books that have not been released yet. This week I am sharing The Sisters of Sea View the first book in the On Devonshire Shores series by Julie Klassen. It comes out December 1, 2022.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

When their father's death leaves them impoverished, Sarah Summers convinces her sisters to open their seaside home to guests to provide for their ailing mother. Emily and Georgiana agree, but Viola, who wears a veil to cover a scar, detests the idea.

Determined to stay together, the sisters begin the new venture. Instead of the elderly invalids they expect, however, they find themselves hosting eligible gentlemen. Sarah is torn between a growing attraction to a mysterious Scottish widower and duty to her family. Meanwhile, the new situation exposes Viola's scars--both the visible and those hidden deep within--and her cloistered heart will never be the same.

 What book are you eagerly anticipating? If you would like to join in the Can't wait Wednesday fun just click on the image below to be taken to today's post. Happy reading!

19 comments:

  1. Scottish widower? I'd be curious too.

    I can't think of a book I'm waiting on, but I'm excited for December because there are some Christmas books I've been wanting to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kami! Who says you have to wait until December to start the Christmas books, LOL!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds lovely - I've been reading a lot of historical adventures recently, so I hope you enjoy it, Cindy:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...I like the sound of this one. Must add it to my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently added this one to my TBR shelf. I am sure we will both enjoy it, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this to read soon too! I hope we both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since I've read a Julie Klassen book, but I really like the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful cover. I love Julie Klassen's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, I do too. It's been a while since I have read one.

      Delete
  8. This one sounds so intriguing. I love a good sister story and the mysterious Scottish widower definitely grabbed my attention too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, I love the way she writes her stories, so gripping!

      Delete