Monday, December 26, 2022

A Holly Jilly Christmas

Title: A Holly Jilly Christmas

Author: Emma St. Clair

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Emma St. Clair

Source: Author provided and I bought a copy

My review:

It's no secret I love Emma St. Clair's books. A Holly Jilly Christmas is another winner!!

*Grumpy/Sunshine

*Enemies to lovers

*Forced proximity

*Small town

*Witty Banter

* LOL moments

*IBS

*Roadtrip

*Sheetcake, TX

*Clean read

This Christmas novella is perfect for the Christmas season or any season when you need a bit of sunshine and something to make you laugh!  I also HIGHLY recommend the audio version, it has a male and female narrator 😁

Thank you to Emma St. Clair for the opportunity to read this book. I was not required to provide a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

My life is nothing like the movies we make at the studio where I work--especially not when it comes to relationships.
Which means that there will be absolutely NO romance between me and Case, the grumpy exec I've had a crush on from our very first not-so-meet-cute.
We're simply two coworkers scouting the town of Sheet Cake, Texas as a location for filming.
That's it.
Though, to be honest, I'm suspicious of why Case came on this trip at all.
Whatever the reason, there will be no Christmas magic, and definitely NO mistletoe kisses.
But when Case actually starts talking to me--gasp!--and reveals the humor and kindness buried beneath his gruff persona, my little crush explodes into something a lot harder to hide.
Except he's harboring secrets of his own.
And I'm starting to wonder if his cagey behavior is because he's planning to take credit for my (admittedly brilliant) idea to make this town our central filming hub.
He's not that kind of man ... right?
All I wanted for Christmas was a promotion, and now I'm falling for the man who might be trying to steal it.

6 comments:

  1. I totally want to read this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it is awesome! Free on Kindle Unlimited if you have it.

      Delete
  2. I have to check this one out. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! This story seems like one I'd enjoy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, it you love clean romantic comedies, her writing it FABULOUS!!! I also laugh out loud with her books.

      Delete