Saturday, May 20, 2023

Dare to Love the Guy Next Door

Title: Dare to Love the Guy Next Door (audiobook)

Series: Forever Marriage Match #2

Author: Ellie Hall

Narrator: Lorana Hoopes

Genre: Sweet Romantic Comedy 

Source: Scribd

My Review:

I liked the first book but enjoyed Dare to Love the Guy Next Door better. This series is best read in order because it follows a group of five friends, and you might get spoilers if you read them out of order.

Paisley and Griffin's first meeting is kind of funny. It is definitely memorable, although I was feeling pretty sorry for Paisley while trying not to laugh. I lost the battle. Griffin proves he is a true gentleman at their first meeting.

There is one scene that got me completely riled up. I was driving to work and I started fussing at Paisley and Griffin. They were dealing with miscommunication which is one of my pet peeves. I almost turned the book off because I was so aggravated 😤 🤣. Thankfully, things settled down a bit. Of course, they eventually worked things out, and we get the anticipated happily ever after.

I finished this book about a week ago, and "Thorndike" still pops into my head 😂. I want to say so much, but it would give even small spoilers away. I loved the character growth, especially in Paisley.

If you are looking for a fairly light story that will bring out a lot of emotions, this one is perfect. Did you hear the one about the lawyer and surfer dude? No? Well, this is it!

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):

A dating dare? It could turn out to be the perfect match or it could be worse than a slap on a sunburn.

Me, little ol’ Paisley Jones, envisioned glitz and glamour with my movie star fiancé until a humiliating, public scandal explodes in my life like damp confetti. I escape to the family cottage with an ocean view and am not looking for love until a dare and a crazy seagull send me next door.

Griffin Sanders was a late-blooming goofball, but now, as a competitive surfer and business owner, not much stops him. However, when an injury keeps him out of the water, he’s stuck on dry land. Turns out his teen crush is hiding out in the neighboring cottage.

That would be yours truly, but I don’t recognize him at first. Big waves. Big surprise.

Quirky and independent, I never quite fit in the celebrity world. I’m not sure where I belong until I get on a surfboard. But it’s hard to tell if the popular surfing instructor is just another guy seeking fame and fortune, the silly kid from my childhood summers, or someone I can ride the waves with.

Will we take the plunge or will our affection for one another drop like the tide?

12 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read something by this author. Seems I should try Book 1 for this series. Good to know these aren't standalones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, yes, I would start with the first one.

      Delete
  2. The lawyer and the surfer dude? I'm already hooked! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, right?! An unlikely match if ever there was one, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A summer rom com fits the bill for this warm weather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute story. I agree, that miscommunication trope drives me crazy, but, it is true to life in many cases. I have not read anything by this author, but will see if I can find this series. Nice review, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete