Friday, June 9, 2023

First Line Friday #94-Is It Any Wonder

Happy Friday, my bookish friends! First Line Friday is hosted by Carrie at Reading is My SuperPower!!  I am also linking up with Gilion on Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. This is where you share the beginning of the book that you are reading. This week am reading Is It Any Wonder by Courtney Walsh. 

Dear Mr. Boggs, It's been five years since you died, and I've thought about you every single day since.

Book Beginnings:

Prologue

Dear Mr. Boggs, 

It's been five years since you died, and I've thought about you every single day since. If I close my eyes, I can imagine I'm ten years old and you're down at the beach building sandcastles with me and Cody.

Chapter 1

Seven Years Later

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Can a promise made as kids bring them back together as adults? In this Nantucket-set beach read, “master of the genre” (Midwest Book Review) Courtney Walsh delivers a sparkling inspirational romance about first love and second chances.

Twelve years ago, Cody Boggs and Louisa Chambers made a pact that no matter where their lives took them, they’d return to Nantucket Island’s Brant Point Lighthouse on July 30, their shared golden birthday, and continue their tradition of exchanging birthday wishes. But that was before a tragic accident upended both of their lives, irrevocably pulling them apart.

Their worlds collide just months before that particular day when Louisa’s fledgling event planning company is hired by the local Coast Guard station, where she discovers Cody has recently returned to the island as the second in command. As they plan a regatta fundraiser, hoping to promote positive PR in the community, neither can deny the fireworks each encounter ignites. But working together also brings up memories of the day Cody’s father died, revealing secrets that have Cody and Louisa questioning everything they thought they knew and felt about their families and each other.

Your turn! Grab the current book you are reading and post the first line (or your link) in the comments! Then, click on the icons below and join the fun there too!

 

12 comments:

  1. The Nantucket Island setting is enough to make me want to read this one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I read the first one quite a bit back, but don't remember much. This one drew me right in ;)

      Delete
  2. Love those snippets. They really pulled me. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt myself choking up right away. Hope the book ends up on a good, sweet note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Nantucket setting. So many of the beach reads I'm seeing are set there. This one sounds really good and I'll add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Yvonne, I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I'm just starting When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer.
    "For as long as I could remember, my mama had told me that my life was a gift."
    Have a wonderful weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first line of the first chapter! I'm currently reading the second novella in On Rittenhouse Square by Susanne Dietze. The first line is: "Did you see it Penny? You're famous." Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, that is a new author to me. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete