Thursday, June 8, 2023

Putting An X Through Anxiety

Title: Putting An X Through Anxiety: Breaking Free from the Grip of Fear and Stress

Author: Louie Giglio

Genre: Self-Help, Christian Nonfiction,

Publisher: Passion Publishing

Source: Own

My review:

Like most people, I struggle with anxiety. It is not debilitating like it is for some people, but it is a struggle. When I happened upon Putting An X Through Anxiety by Louie Giglio, I immediately bought it. Who wouldn't want to do what they can to get rid of anxiety? 

Anxiety and its cousins-panic, worry, fear, and dread-are complex. There are spiritual, mental, physical, emotional, genetic, and circumstantial factors that can cause us to fall into the grip of depression, pulling us away from those we love and shuttering our ability to deal with everyday life.

Putting An X Through Anxiety is easy to read. It is relevant and helpful. I loved that the first title is "You're Not Crazy." Recently someone said to me, "Why am I not normal," when discussing their anxiety. Those who struggle with anxiety need to know they are not crazy.

This is not a self-help book or a fix-all, but it is an encouragement for those who struggle with anxiety. At the end of each chapter, there are questions to think about. This is a religious book that points the reader toward God. There are plenty of scripture verses to ponder. 

★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):

Anxiety... It might be the weight on your shoulders, the constant sense of worry by your side, or the cloud of dread hanging over your life. For many, anxiety is a powerful giant wanting to trap you in darkness and defeat. But there is freedom to be found from its grip. Knowing firsthand the realities of anxiety, pastor Louie Giglio shares both practical and spiritual ways to live in victory. With encouragement and hope, this book will equip you with the cross of Jesus as your strongest weapon against anxiety Anxiety can be debilitating, but Jesus has already defeated its stronghold. Find true rest in the Prince of Peace and break free from anxiety.

4 comments:

  1. I struggle with anxiety, too. Not to the point where I can't function, but it does make even the simple tasks so much harder to accomplish. I'll have to check this book out and see if it helps. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I enjoyed it and I plan to have my kiddos read it as well. I hope you find it useful as well :)

      Delete
  2. This is a book that would benefit many people! As the years go by more and more people from all walks of life start having different levels of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete