Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Convenient Groom

Title: The Convenient Groom Audiobook Review

Series: Nantucket Love Story #2    

Author: Denise Hunter

Narrator: Kathryn Lynhurst

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Genre: Christian Fiction, Contemporary Romance

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

 The Convenient Groom is the second in the Nantucket Love Story series by Denise Hunter. It can easily read as a stand-alone novel (I realized I started with book two 🤦).

I listened to this in one day, and I loved it. This book brought out all the emotions. There were times I was yelling at Kate for the decisions she was making. However, other times I was laughing. I liked Kate, but not as much as I loved Lucas. He is so sweet, tender, and just about perfect.

This is a marriage of convenience, friends to more story. It was predictable, but so incredibly sweet. Also, I absolutely loved the cover of the book!!

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

The Convenient Groom--Now an Original Hallmark Movie

Dr. Kate has it all-a radio talk show, a nationally-syndicated column, and a publisher who is paying for a lavish wedding to coincide with the release of her first book, Finding Mr. Right-For-You. But when her fiance jilts her the morning of the wedding, her life begins to crash around her. Who, after all, would want a relationship book by a counselor who can't even hold her own engagement together?

When Lucas Wright realizes what has happened, he offers to marry Kate and save her public image. Kate's heart-and her pride-have been deeply wounded. Are Lucas's handsome smile and utter devotion enough to convince her that her marriage is more than she had ever expected?

7 comments:

  1. Marriage of convenience turns out to be true love? Nice premise. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds sweet. Not really my kind a book but good to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another one I want to read! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it's good :) I hope you are able to get to it soonish!

      Delete